Men over 40 (Gurlymen we’re Going To PUMP! You Up.)

Options
2»

Replies

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    If you click on a group for men ages 40+ and don't know the reference, you are certainly checking out the wrong group.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Or you aren't American and don't have a clue what people are talking about and wonder what prompts people to type what appears to be gibberish.

Leave it to someone else to point out the obvious that my stupidity misses. Thank you.
  • sixxfan76
    sixxfan76 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    42 here. Been at it since mid January, really struggling with losing body fat. Trying to figure out how to speed that up. I’m eating good (i think?) and training full body 3 days a week. Only cardio is treadmill or the bike, usually before I hit the iron. I’m settled into a routine on the Smith machine... deads, squats, military press, benches, bent over barbell rows, shrugs. In sort of a circuit fashion. Then I’ll do some curls and triceps work usually. Hit the abs and torso machines. Takes me about an hour in the gym. Any advice on getting the fat to come off would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • DW1Texas
    DW1Texas Posts: 131 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    48 here - lifted off and on since high school. Started again in November of last year hit it hard until Feb then stopped again. Getting back into it....again - nothing like it, really enjoy lifting - just finding the time to get it done.
    The lifting really helped my weight loss on a program of monitoring calories in/calories out and some basic cardio. Lifting basically 3 days a week, with cardio each day, focusing on core strength and basic lifts - bench, leg press, curls, tri, military press, leg extensions, leg curls, lats, and a few more shoulder lifts. Did not split work into upper body or lower body days as making it 3 times a week is not a given so split the lifts so I do upper and lower body each time but different lifts, with days off in between.