Summer Summer Summertime

LiftingSpirits
LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
Time to sit back and unwind.

Backyard BBQs, Family reunions, Summer Camps, Pool Parties, Summer school, Daylight Savings Time...

What's your favorite thing about summertime? What big plans do you have for this upcoming summer?

Replies

• sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Pool days, baseball games, kayaking, and I just love being able to go anywhere in a sun dress and flip flops :)
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    I’m always looking forward to summer and getting out to the beach! The ocean, the sand, the sun... it’s where I belong B)
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    warm weather, shorts, spending time outside without freezing.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    This summer there's going to be a lot of fishing, camping & drinking all the Moscow Mules.
  • julesdechaine
    julesdechaine Posts: 138 Member
    This week I got our Schlitterbahn water park season passes, ordered our party invitations for our Summer 2019 Kickoff tiki party at my dad's beach house (we spend every other weekend there,) going bathing suit shopping this weekend with his daughters, got our community pool passes, and started looking at new grills! Already bought a new RTIC cooler, passports in the works so we can travel to Mexico to visit his dad once school lets out, and also planning a trip to go tubing on the Guadalupe River!

We LOVE summer!!!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    edited March 2019
    denny_mac wrote: »

Backyard BBQs, Family reunions, Summer Camps, Pool Parties, Summer school, Daylight Savings Time...

What's your favorite thing about summertime? What big plans do you have for this upcoming summer?
    • Summer concerts
    • Outdoor Summer plays & art exhibits
    • Outdoor Summer dance & music festivals
    • Outdoor movie & picnicking
    • Themed pool parties & bbq
    • Beachside bonfire parties
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    I’m excited for camping, hiking the trails, and a road trip. And of course just the warm weather, bbqing, swimming and sunshine. I second Denny throwing a pool party.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    @denny_mac can we have the MFP pool party at your place this year?

Yeah... How about "no". For two reasons:
    1. My place isn't big enough for that kind of party
    2. I don't want to.

But you can come over if you want @RunHardBeStrong
    If you want to help me clean the pool out, that is :)
    I can always use help with the yardwork!

Only if you promise that I can ride an alligator while skimming the pool.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    k8eekins wrote: »

• Summer concerts
    • Outdoor Summer plays & art exhibits
    • Outdoor Summer dance & music festivals
    • Outdoor movie & picnicking
    • Themed pool parties & bbq
    • Beachside bonfire parties

+1

All the above plus
    • Night time speedminton & badminton
    • Food fairs & festivals
    • Rollerblading
    • Big Sur in the AM
    • watching Surfing, beach volleyball & sailing competitions
    • Beach bonfires and just meditating ....Taking it all in with minimal interruptions
  • 777Gemma888
    I’m excited for camping, hiking the trails, and a road trip. And of course just the warm weather, bbqing, swimming and sunshine. I second Denny throwing a pool party.

The logistics would suck though. Date? Location? Flights? Accommodations? Etc

Fun idea.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    We just finished building an in ground pool at the house, so I'm looking forward to lots of BBQs and pool parties.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,860 Member
    Hiking, lunchtime walks, the beach, the pool, the drive-in, grilling, kayaking on the Hudson, the ice cream man.
  • 777Gemma888
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    We just finished building an in ground pool at the house, so I'm looking forward to lots of BBQs and pool parties.

Perfect timing. 🙌
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Wearing dresses and sitting outside at night with a glass of cold white wine
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Swimming