Help With Starbucks Calories?

Options
Hey, so I got a flat white at Starbucks today. I need help estimating the calories because I had them make it different than they usually do.

It was a venti sized Flat white made with heavy cream. There was enough cream in it to make it tan. I’m just not sure how many calories it was. 🤔

Replies

• Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Not really related ... but the diner down the street makes an awesome "fat elvis" milk shake with that amount of calories - a whole day's worth for me ... and one of these days I am going to enjoy one. Hope your "full" flat white was delicious, OP.
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I think the starbucks website has a drink maker that helps estimate calories. I would use that.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I think the starbucks website has a drink maker that helps estimate calories. I would use that.

It does, but it does not include heavy cream as an option.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten*.

Exactly what I thought.....a days worth of calories in one beverage.
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten*.

Exactly what I thought.....a days worth of calories in one beverage.

I guess sometimes we have to learn the hard way LOL!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    a venti cup of cream is a LOT of cream :open_mouth:

i get a tall flat white with skim milk :P actually i tried it with almond milk and won't be doing that again even to save calories ;)
    aokoye wrote: »
    So essentially you had espresso and heavy cream. Google tells me there are four shots of espresso in a venti sized drink and that the venti size is 20oz so essentially you had around 16oz of heavy cream give or take for the volume of foam. 16oz of heavy cream is 1,600 calories.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Yeeeugh. I mean, I love cream, and that much sounds kind of gross, tbh. Did you mean that all of what would have been milk was replaced with cream? Or that they used part milk and part cream??
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Kalex1975 wrote: »

Well, how much milk is included in the venti? Figure that out, subtract the calories of the milk, add calories for heavy cream. One cup of heavy cream is about 821 calories.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    When you say "enough cream to make it tan" I'm hoping that means the entire thing wasn't just cream and espresso, but that they added some cream in place of some of the milk. However, no one here could know for sure. I think "more calories than a drink should have" probably covers it.

Honestly I suspect the entire thing was made out of cream (and the four shots of espresso) - or at least that's how I read "a flat white made with heavy cream". For the sake of comparison, I would assume if someone said "a flat white made with almond milk" it would be espresso and almond milk

While I'm willing to consume dairy products in the context of coffee, I can't imagine drinking that much cream.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Kalex1975 wrote: »

Well, how much milk is included in the venti? Figure that out, subtract the calories of the milk, add calories for heavy cream. One cup of heavy cream is about 821 calories.

Well, someone did exactly as you say 2 posts above your last post.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Why not go back to the Starbucks and ask? Seems from here the only way you are going to know for sure how the drink was made is to ask the people who made it. Everything else is just random people on the internet guessing.
    :)
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Why not go back to the Starbucks and ask? Seems from here the only way you are going to know for sure how the drink was made is to ask the people who made it. Everything else is just random people on the internet guessing.
    :)

I suppose I agree to some extent, but it's a very uncomplicated drink so it shouldn't be that hard to figure out. It didn't take me that long, but I also knew what to look up.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    aokoye wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    When you say "enough cream to make it tan" I'm hoping that means the entire thing wasn't just cream and espresso, but that they added some cream in place of some of the milk. However, no one here could know for sure. I think "more calories than a drink should have" probably covers it.

Honestly I suspect the entire thing was made out of cream (and the four shots of espresso) - or at least that's how I read "a flat white made with heavy cream". For the sake of comparison, I would assume if someone said "a flat white made with almond milk" it would be espresso and almond milk

While I'm willing to consume dairy products in the context of coffee, I can't imagine drinking that much cream.

You're probably right! I was just grasping at straws to keep from believing :joy:

Also, I hate coffee drinks. So I'm not even qualified to be in this thread.
  • bluesheeponahill
    bluesheeponahill Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You’ve butchered a flat white! That’s not how you’re supposed to have it.

And yes, there’s a reason I don’t do Starbucks with whipped cream on top (I assume that’s what you meant?) anymore. The scales are not kind the next day.