Did you ever

Options
2»

Replies

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Not really on topic but reminded me, I got into an argument with Apple because they insisted I use a gender specific title when entering my credit card info. I got super mad and started a chat session telling them it was sexist and not their business whether I was male or female first off, and secondly that I had to imply my marital status was archaic and sexist. By selecting one of the female titles (except Dr) you are implying your marital status. All I wanted to do was rent a movie, who cares what gender I am...FU.

I had never thought about that before and I became enraged. I was told I was being belligerent and if I didn't stop they wouldn't talk to me anymore (boo-hoo, just answer my question, it makes sense).

Anyways, now I'm thinking I prefer Ma'am...(yes! the dreaded Ma'am!) Lots of women hate it, but I looked it up a while ago and it's short for Madam, which sounds charming and old fashioned
    ...but really it makes me giggle because I think of it like 'a Madam', like a pimp, or in charge of a brothel.

ma’am is good. as is madam. etc
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Not really on topic but reminded me, I got into an argument with Apple because they insisted I use a gender specific title when entering my credit card info. I got super mad and started a chat session telling them it was sexist and not their business whether I was male or female first off, and secondly that I had to imply my marital status was archaic and sexist. By selecting one of the female titles (except Dr) you are implying your marital status. All I wanted to do was rent a movie, who cares what gender I am...FU.

I'd have gone with Dr.

None of my credit cards have any sort of title in front of my name. Apple is stoopid.

To answer the original question, I've always chosen recognizably feminine user names because my real name is unisex and I've spent most of my life getting correspondence addressed to "Mr" and "Dear Sir" so I've had enough androgeny.
  • TheSaltedSeaCake
    TheSaltedSeaCake Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When I'm gaming I choose male avatars...mainly because males will then leave me tf alone to kill things with out their sass.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    My older brother sounds like a lady when he answers the phone. It's funny he would get so mad. I've dressed up as a girl 3 time 2 for Halloween. Once on a dare. You should see the look i got in the bathroom. Guy would step back from the urinals. It was funny how