Do I need to gain weight?

Replies

• ppomoberry
    ppomoberry Posts: 21 Member
    Thank you all for the advice! I have kept cardio limited and did my weekly weigh in and went from 117.04 to 117.06; however, I’m not sure if I did go up in weight my scale says it is muscle mass but I’m not sure. I am also certain I ate less this week simply due to time restraints but maybe the minimal cardio had to do with it. Also I have noticed that it costs me trouble to move my body around till it gets truly warmed up and when I stop moving it takes effort again (side effect maybe). Also the past two nights I haven’t slept well who knows if that also accounts for the 0.2lb weight gain.

pycvtj7uyqn5.png
    5vseztyqoyce.jpeg
    2u0hfeuyqp0p.png
  • Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member
    What scale or app is it that gives you all that information?

Please put on some weight
  • Allsmiles358
    Allsmiles358 Posts: 11 Member
    I would reccomend you put on some weight. You have a bmi of 16.5 and a healthy bmi is 18.5
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    You might be having trouble moving and staying warmed up because your body weight and fat is so low that it is trying to conserve energy. Please eat more and take a break from the exercises until your weight has normalized.
  • ppomoberry
    Tic78 wrote: »
    What scale or app is it that gives you all that information?

Please put on some weight

RENPHO scale that shows you your weight and then transfers what I assume are estimates to the app on the phone of fat, muscle and what not.

Okay, you’re dropping into the 3-5% essential body fat level for a male, below which essential functions of the body start to be affected and if you keep losing weight you die. Please stop whatever you are doing right this instant and go talk to your parents about this.

The scale does say around 5% body fat but I don’t necessarily know of its accuracy I think a dexa scan would be necessary for that matter.

• ppomoberry
    Current physic update seems about the same? I’m not sure how much I currently weigh till Saturday but hopefully the numbers went up.

5o15xkz7ii6x.jpeg
    afnumcj5redy.jpeg
    b3sn2rxxwcfq.jpeg
    dlghuo9ukj12.jpeg
    iz529lm6fpht.jpeg
    v7e6inh9d0pu.jpeg
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,292 Member
    edited April 2019
    When I was 12 and 5'2" I weighed about what you do now (116lbs) and considered myself thin at the time.

So yes gain weight, eat 3,000 plus cals a day and follow a structured lifting program so that most of your gain can be muscle. Gain until you are 12% BF% then re-evaluate
  • ppomoberry
    edited April 2019
    Okay, you’re dropping into the 3-5% essential body fat level for a male, below which essential functions of the body start to be affected and if you keep losing weight you die. Please stop whatever you are doing right this instant and go talk to your parents about this.
    ahimes39 wrote: »
    Not to scare you (well, maybe a little), but my younger brother is your height and weighs about 140 lbs. His doctor told him he needed to put on weight immediately or risk his internal organs shutting down. Please talk to your parents and a counselor asap.
    You might be having trouble moving and staying warmed up because your body weight and fat is so low that it is trying to conserve energy. Please eat more and take a break from the exercises until your weight has normalized.
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    FFS man.

You need to add several LBS. Consistently. Over weeks and months.

The oz you are playing with is just playing with daily fluctuations.

If you're already eating volume you need to densify the calories in your volume.

Which part of adding weight do you not understand involves extra Calories that result in added weight? As someone mentioned above: eat and drink anything and everything.

AND

If you are finding yourself unable to do it... does this not tell you that it is time to ask for help in real life?
    I am a mom. My middle son, who is a slim, muscular, 5’ 8” 15 year old weighs 140-150lbs. Please eat! Please talk to a counselor or your parents. Make up a good protein shake with some pb, or go to the nearest ice cream place and start getting a large shake daily! Everyone who has posted here has shown concern for you, at your height and growing rate you are severely limiting bodily functions. Please don’t. You need your body to grow and work optimally!
    I'm the same height as you. You're the same weight I was when I was anorexic but I'm a girl. I'm currently just over 150. Your sister has an eating disorder, but I am about 99.9% certain you do too. Please talk to your parents. See if you can see a nutritionist, a psychologist, both.

If eating more calories is proving challenging to you, go buy you some Ensure. That's what I did. Not as a replacement to meals. In addition to meals. You need to be eating much more than this. Peanut butter. Olive or coconut oil.

Once your weight is back up you can start doing weights, but at this weight it's doing you more harm than good, I'd say.

You're not going to hear anyone else on this thread say anything different. Will you consider listening to us?
    jdog022 wrote: »
    These posts continue to be a cry for help. Your not answering anyone’s questions or seemingly taking any advice to eat significantly more food. Once more how many calories a day do you eat?

My guess is your barely eating and what you are eating is strictly volume foods without any caloric density. You are doing significant damage to yourself by under-fueling and I’d like to continue to encourage you to eat much more even tho I feel like it’s a wasted effort on me

I’ve come to realise this is a cry for help you are right. I have always known I was underweight but yet despite knowing I could put on a few pounds I would try to maintain that underweight weight for some reason. I feel it’s due to being chubby in the past and finally slimming down and not wanting to lose the “progress” that took so long to make? I’m not afraid of gaining weight I just don’t want to gain fat which is why I started weight training in order to ensure only muscle gain but the way I’m going seems to only be hurting my body as it is constantly sore. I have been restricting my food intake lately and I don’t know why I’ve gone to eating less tortillas and on the days I don’t excediste completely skip out on lunch or drink a meal replacement as I don’t want to gain “fat” for not weight training adequately yet on those days still try to get 10,000 steps in no matter what my pain may be. On Saturdays I usually eat a turkey pesto panini but through the months since last year have reduced it I would take off the provolone to make it less calorie dense then I ordered it without pesto and yesterday first time I only eat half of the bread (they cut it in half and I put all the topping in one slice of the bread to still get my protein from the turkey). I know that I’m depriving my body yet I think I feel like not doing anything to improve until it gets to the point where I have too and I don’t know why… I guess it’s since I do my workouts and home and don’t know if I’m doing them adequately enough to be gaining muscle or just waisting my time… at this point I don’t know anymore.

Thank you all for the support really it may seem like I’m being ungrateful but I’m just confused now. Never thought I would get to this point.

I weighed in yesterday and it turns out my weight may be 5’ 10” to 5’ 11” so my bmi and weight is a tad less worse I guess…

Besides the weight everything else it’s my age and height and stuff so due to being between 5’ 10 and 5’ 11 may be a tad bit different

ubunag8kytyy.png
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I hope you speak to your doctor and get some support.