i'm not eating enough??

Options
i started meal prepping, so throughout my day i eat fruits for breakfast, my first meal which is broccoli white rice and grilled chicken, and then once more again for dinner, but apparently that's not enough calories for one day

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    How many calories does it say you are eating? My guess is if you are asking this question, the answer is probably yes. It depends on portion sizes, but that doesn't sound like a whole lot of food. Could easily be less than 1000 calories, which would definitely be too low
  • meganreid163
    meganreid163 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Where’s the snacks 🤣
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    How long can you sustain such a limited diet? For me, I wouldn't last a week eating the same food over and over again. I've tried and it just doesn't work. Eating a varied diet that fills you and satisfies your taste buds works a lot better over the long haul. And losing weight really is a question of looking at the long haul. You can lose weight on very low calories, but most people won't keep it off.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    The answer is ice cream.
    Always

Yep, well, except when it's chocolate or skittles =)
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    The answer is ice cream.

Always!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    The answer is ice cream.
    Always

GMTA!!!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Don’t limit yourself on what you can eat. If you wanna eat clean and healthy work your way into it so you’re not bingeing or falling off the wagon.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    Don’t limit yourself on what you can eat. If you wanna eat clean and healthy work your way into it so you’re not bingeing or falling off the wagon.

Limiting your diet to chicken, broccoli, rice, and fruit isn't especially healthy. Nothing unhealthy about, for example, fish, asparagus, barley, and nuts.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Danp wrote: »
    The answer is ice cream.
    Always

Yep, well, except when it's chocolate or skittles =)

Chocolate ice cream.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options

Limiting your diet to chicken, broccoli, rice, and fruit isn't especially healthy. Nothing unhealthy about, for example, fish, asparagus, barley, and nuts.

Yeah you need more in your diet, you’ll eventually get tired of the same diet and regress.
  • rickiimarieee
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

Yeah you need more in your diet, you’ll eventually get tired of the same diet and regress.

You should not assume that. Some people are perfectly happy eating the same food every single day for extended periods of time. I am not one of them but they exist. A few of them have posted here.

I think it is a bad idea to get most of your nutrition from very limited sources. It is one of the reasons I don't recommend replacement shakes like slimfast. I believe variety is important so I always make it a priority in my weekly planning.

Okay fair enough, MOST people will regress from eating the same meal over and over again without getting all the nutrition you need.