Keto buddies

Options
13»

Replies

• schellies
    schellies Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in getting started on keto. Hardest for me will be giving up coffee creamer. Add me as well ;)
  • perezcoral4083
    perezcoral4083 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m wanting to start on Keto, and would love some buddies I can get recepies from!
  • squimother1
    squimother1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am almost 5 weeks into keto. Down around 5-6 kg ( not sure what that is in pounds...) weight loss has been an uphill battle due to medication side effects but seems things are shifting. Not counting calories but working with counting grams of carbs, fat and protein ( macros logged via mfp). Would really appreciate some company.
  • marky1965
    marky1965 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Getting back to keto after a short break.... feel free to add me
  • laney4088
    laney4088 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I would like to follow this group, starting Keto tomorrow. I could really use some friends and any great tips you all have,😊
    Thanks Laney.
    P. S. Not sure if I’m posting correctly
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I started experimenting with keto meals in January. After a couple of weeks of convincing myself that I could survive half a day without carbs, I started trying to keep the whole day low carbs. After several more weeks I adjusted my diary macro targets to have 5% carbs. I think the longest stretch of low carb days I've strung together has been 3 weeks. Currently, I'm on a new 3-day stretch of keeping carbs low. I decided to do this for all the other benefits. As long as I stay in a calorie deficit, I'll lose weight.
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I’m just 1 week in, struggling with energy for high intensity workouts
  • marky1965
    Options
    Try getting the food right & then slowly increasing the intensity rather than going all out
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 3 of keto! Add me!
  • CorkyLaRue
    CorkyLaRue Posts: 29 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Hi. I'm new, would love to have a couple supportive buddies along the journey. I am not sure if I am "keto" but I try to keep carbs between 25-50 a day, get moderate amounts of protein, and high fat. I am also testing the waters on the 5:2 IF (eating for 5 days, fasting for 2 days). I also recently started getting some exercise (walking and Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVDs). My first major goal is to lose 35 pounds, although I have to lose another 22 after that to get out of the "obese" BMI range. I am honest with myself in my daily diary (profile) and sometimes I don't get a chance to "complete" the food diary because I'm somewhere without an internet connection. Currently I'm on a 15 day streak of logging in and logging food.
  • zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    schellies wrote: »
    I'm interested in getting started on keto. Hardest for me will be giving up coffee creamer. Add me as well ;)

I'm lower carb and have found that half&half is good in coffee, was able to swap out my old creamer with it.
  • laney4088
    laney4088 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free but not sure if the artificial is okay to use?
  • marky1965
    Options
    You can use some artificial sugars like stevia or xylitol..... check labels