I’m surrounded by Stepford wives

Options
13»

Replies

• Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! I'd be willing to bet your friends are jealous of you about some things, too. A little mutual idolatry is important in friendships. :)
    I don't usually eat less the morning before an event, it makes me cranky. But it's up to you. Calorie-wise it probably won't make that much of a difference.
  • daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You sound like someone with whom I would like to be friend with. I like your honesty and sense of humour. I will share less popular viewpoint - whatever motivation you have at the moment, even the"revenge" one, take it and use it..motivation changes and transforms anyway..many people started their journey with some silly motivators and down the road fell in love with the new lifestyle.

Also, in my opinion, nothing bad with a bit of vanity and working on looking beautiful. We are not angels and we do base our judgements on the outiside appearance too. Just remember that beauty comes in many different shapes and styles. What is unatractive to one person to an other could be adorable.

P.S. sorry for spelling errors, typing from phone.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    You're on the right path by meal prepping on the weekends. That will help you fight the temptation of fast food places. Also, like others have said, find an exercise that you love. For me that's pole dance. It's strength training and cardio rolled into one. Plus, the pole community is awesome and full of supportive people. I will always recommend it to people. I know someone mentioned lifting weights and that's another fantastic and fun workout. You don't have to kill yourself on a cardio machine, don't get me wrong I do love the elliptical, but it's not an end all be all. And you don't have to spend hours in the gym, unless you want to. I love being at the pole studio for hours but being in a traditional gym... not so much.

Find an exercise that even when you don't feel like working out, you still want to workout b/c you love that form of exercise. Even when I stopped watching my calories, I continued with pole dance b/c I love it. It's why I didn't gain all of the weight that I lost back.

There's nothing wrong with wanting a revenge body. If that is what motivates you to stay in your calorie budget and to exercise then use it. It's not something that I'm interested in b/c how do you get revenge on yourself? Ya know? I gained this weight. No one else did it to me.
  • jebagby2014
    jebagby2014 Posts: 18 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Love the pole dancing idea - what an empowering way to stay in shape. And sounds fun!! True enough about not being able to seek revenge on yourself-very insightful. And @daneejela thank you for the kind words!!! I appreciate your perspective.
  • jebagby2014
    Options
    Motivation can come from anywhere 😊
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Love the pole dancing idea - what an empowering way to stay in shape. And sounds fun!! True enough about not being able to seek revenge on yourself-very insightful. And @daneejela thank you for the kind words!!! I appreciate your perspective.

Pole is fantastic. If you can find a studio near work or home, I highly recommend it. Don’t worry about not having enough strength or not being the right size (both are excuses people make to not try it). You’ll gain strength and those poles can hold a lot. I’ve seen 4 people on 1 pole at a time. They each weighed at least 100-130lbs.
  • jebagby2014
    Options
    Update! I met a new guy and we’ve gone out on a few dates. He seems great! But I totally blew my calorie goal for dinner because we went out to eat. He suggested apps first then dinner. Anyone have tips on eating out? Also now that the smoke has cleared from my breakup and I’m moving on; my revenge body motivation is slipping. Maybe fashion is my new motivation- for date nights!