Compliments and nice things to say

Options
pizzamyheart
pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
Normally I’m not interested in inflating people’s egos. So if someone on my social media is the type to constantly give off the vibe “COMPLIMENT ME AND TELL ME HOW AMAZING BEAUTIFUL HANDSOME SEXY
I AM!!!!” and posting every 37 minutes I usually ignore it. However, after thinking about it I guess I realize that some people who do that might be in a bad place in their life at the moment, feeling defeated and low. Maybe they need the constant validation because they aren’t getting it anywhere else, or they just need a big dose of it to feel alive or worthy. They don’t mean to be annoying about it. And I also realize that many people who deserve it don’t get any compliments at all, whether online or in real life. No nice things are said about them, and that’s not right. So this is the thread where we say nice things to anyone and everyone, mfp people or real life people or to yourself. Nobody needs to know who it’s about. Maybe it’s that tired looking lady on the bus and you wished you had said “your jacket is lovely”, but you didn’t say it. Say it here and maybe someone will read it and remember to say something to a tired looking lady they see on their bus! Pass on the kindness. Life can be hard. It’s simple to say a kind word and pass on a smile. DO IT!!!

Replies

• NotSo_LittleRichard
    NotSo_LittleRichard Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Only read the first and last sentence but here it goes

YOU'RE AMAZING BEAUTIFUL HANDSOME SEXY
  • pizzamyheart
    Options
    I said I liked your boots and when I said it your smile brightened your whole face. It was a nice smile, and made you look beautiful, even tho I don’t know you.
  • pizzamyheart
    Options
    Only read the first and last sentence but here it goes

YOU'RE AMAZING BEAUTIFUL HANDSOME SEXY

It’s not that long. (That’s what she said!!!)
  • NotSo_LittleRichard
    NotSo_LittleRichard Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I said I liked your boots and when I said it your smile brightened your whole face. It was a nice smile, and made you look beautiful, even tho I don’t know you.

Thank you. I'm feeling better already. I hope you are too.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I remember when you were alive you saying you felt 'invisible'.
    I wish you knew all the lovely things people are saying about you now that you've passed away.
    You were appreciated and valued way more than you ever realized.
  • pizzamyheart
    Options
    You ARE worthwhile. You ARE important. You ARE beautiful.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    OP, I really like this. We need to spread these things more often. I hope this inspires people to say these things aloud :)

• pizzamyheart
    Options
    That was a really nice thing to say. You are a good person.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    If it was legal to marry food, I would still choose you over pizza.
  • LiftingSpirits
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Sometimes i study random people to see what makes them uniquely beautiful. Like in an airport or something. And there’s always something. Everyone has their ‘thing’ that is so endearing and sexy and human. I have had to stop myself from telling strangers their thing that makes them beautiful to me. Maybe I shouldn’t. Maybe it’s worth the risk of a punch to the face for being creepy.

Please tell them.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

Sometimes i study random people to see what makes them uniquely beautiful. Like in an airport or something. And there’s always something. Everyone has their ‘thing’ that is so endearing and sexy and human. I have had to stop myself from telling strangers their thing that makes them beautiful to me. Maybe I shouldn’t. Maybe it’s worth the risk of a punch to the face for being creepy.

Please tell them.

Yours is that you’re bossy

Jk we both know what my favorite feature is ☺️
  • LiftingSpirits
    Options

Please tell them.

Yours is that you’re bossy

😂😂 At least I was polite about it
  • Nerdswrkout2_1978
    Nerdswrkout2_1978 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    How you doing???(in my best Joey Tribianni voice)
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options

There is always something, you’re right.

I do tell people often. Sometimes I feel stupid when I get the disdainful why are you talking to me look, but mostly it’s well received.

Once I told a lady she had such flawless skin and her husband turned to her and said, “I told you!” I floated for hours on that.
  • LiftingSpirits
    Options
    How you doing???(in my best Joey Tribianni voice)

I think you meant this for the Crush thread, but while you're here.....

I admire you for your strength and your service
  • pizzamyheart
    Options

I tell random strangers compliments all the time and have never once been punched in the face.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

I feel creepy for noticing things about people that I want to tell them about too, I often blurt it out, I'm a random blurter.

Have never had anyone react bad so far, sometimes theres a bit of awkwardness.

I figure, worst case, they'll just feel sorry for you for being an "over-sharer"!
    ...or they will cross the street the next time they see you and avoid eye contact at all costs!
  • pizzamyheart
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I feel creepy for noticing things about people that I want to tell them about too, I often blurt it out, I'm a random blurter.

Have never had anyone react bad so far, sometimes theres a bit of awkwardness.

I figure, worst case, they'll just feel sorry for you for being an "over-sharer"!
    ...or they will cross the street the next time they see you and avoid eye contact at all costs!

That’s when you yell across the street at them “I was just kidding....that scarf looks like it was knitted with pubes and armpit hair!”