Compliments and nice things to say

Options

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    You were one of the first people who stuck out to me when I first found the forums, you're fun, clever and very good at entertaining!
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    The lady who answered the phone when I called in my take out order tonight called me Honey. Then she called me Honey in person when I came in. I love terms of endearment.

I like it from some people, some I resent it from.
    Guess I shouldn't, most people mean it in a kind manner, it's just my perspective of feeling patronized sometimes I guess.
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »
    The lady who answered the phone when I called in my take out order tonight called me Honey. Then she called me Honey in person when I came in. I love terms of endearment.

I like it from some people, some I resent it from.
    Guess I shouldn't, most people mean it in a kind manner, it's just my perspective of feeling patronized sometimes I guess.

Definitely it has to come from someone with the right intentions.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Well I’ve caught up on this thread and now I’m outta hugs to pass out so maybe it’s time for bed
  • newmeadow
    newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Okay, here's a hug before bed.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Thank you to that kind gentleman on the bus who offered his seat to a pregnant woman.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I appreciate that you bring me a coffee every so often when we work together.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    Your positive attitude and friendly demeanor is contagious!
    Thank-you!
    (this is for a few of you)
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I said I liked your boots and when I said it your smile brightened your whole face. It was a nice smile, and made you look beautiful, even tho I don’t know you.

Sometimes i study random people to see what makes them uniquely beautiful. Like in an airport or something. And there’s always something. Everyone has their ‘thing’ that is so endearing and sexy and human. I have had to stop myself from telling strangers their thing that makes them beautiful to me. Maybe I shouldn’t. Maybe it’s worth the risk of a punch to the face for being creepy.

It’s worth it. Even if it’s awkward. Even if they don’t seem to receive it well. It’s worth it.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I said I liked your boots and when I said it your smile brightened your whole face. It was a nice smile, and made you look beautiful, even tho I don’t know you.

Sometimes i study random people to see what makes them uniquely beautiful. Like in an airport or something. And there’s always something. Everyone has their ‘thing’ that is so endearing and sexy and human. I have had to stop myself from telling strangers their thing that makes them beautiful to me. Maybe I shouldn’t. Maybe it’s worth the risk of a punch to the face for being creepy.

It’s worth it. Even if it’s awkward. Even if they don’t seem to receive it well. It’s worth it.

I’m still recovering from the last time I complimented you 😅😏
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options

Be careful.... she will call you bossy
  • caco_ethes
    Options

Be careful.... she will call you bossy

And I’ll mean it too 🤨
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    @Reckoner67 you are one of those rare people who make me burst out laughing not just because of how funny you are but also because you’re so quick and witty and i admire/envy that trait
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Life hasn’t spent much time being kind to you, but you have not let it make you bitter. You exude a sense of kindness, strength and grace that I admire greatly. You have this ability to be kind to unkind people, but not at all like it’s a struggle or like it’s forced, but like it’s second nature to you. I think that speaks volumes about your character, and I think most often kindness is just what someone needs.
  • OGingerBeardMan
    OGingerBeardMan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My grandpa was the king of giving out compliments to anyone and everyone. I always psyche myself out thinking I'll just come off as creepy. Like earlier this week I was shopping for new shoes and saw a girl with a fantastic color job on her hair. I was just walking past her and i thought to myself, "Wow she has gorgeous hair." I always kick myself after for not just saying it.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    My grandpa was the king of giving out compliments to anyone and everyone. I always psyche myself out thinking I'll just come off as creepy. Like earlier this week I was shopping for new shoes and saw a girl with a fantastic color job on her hair. I was just walking past her and i thought to myself, "Wow she has gorgeous hair." I always kick myself after for not just saying it.

@LiftingSpirits tell him the thing
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options

Tell her! Tell them all!!
    But please don't wink, linger there or touch her. Random compliments from the opposite sex need to be obvious that they are genuine and not a form of foreplay
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    Co-op students, I'm very flattered that you like to "job shadow" me and lurk beside me the whole time you are here, it's nice to feel appreciated and liked by you, it's nice that you want to help me
    ...but could you not

I mean this in the nicest most complimentary way possible, what could I do to make you like me less?
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    To the lady at BK drive thru last Sunday, you really made my day. There I was, unshowered, greasy messy bun hair and no make up since our water treatment plant is still under water and I am still living off of bottled water for every little thing I have to do that involves water usage. I came through your drive thru to get a small caramel frappe and take to the laundry mat with me to wash a week's worth of my smelly families' dirty clothes and undergarments, since there's no running water in our whole town. But as you handed me my delicious perfectly made caramel frappe you said, "Freshly made just for you, beautiful." No, you were the beautiful one with mad caramel frappe making skills.

I wondered how you were faring down there in Ohio 😏