Tired all the time after change in eating habits

Options
13»

Replies

• superkitcat
    superkitcat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    If you want to be exact you need a food scale to measure all solid foods.

You have many misconceptions about food. It sounds like something or someone has made you scared and that is a shame. If you do not have a medical reason it is unnecessary to cut out anything from your diet. There are some things you may need to eat in moderation if they are very calorie dense like regular ice cream but only because you have to budget your calories or risk being hungry all day.

Think of your body nutrition like a bucket. It has a finite amount of space. Once you fill your bucket the rest of the nutrients you keep eating will not fit and will be wasted. This is why it is okay to eat all the fun stuff too.

I don't have misconceptions about food. I do know what is healthy and what is not. As it was pointed out here, I am not eating as much as I should and I should be eating part of my increased caloric intake. I cut out grains and "added sugars" in what I thought would jump start weight loss. Clearly I didn't do it right. The grains that I have cut out have been replaced with good seeds like wild rice, quinoa and amaranth. What I am doing is not for life but for 40 days. Prior to this new change I ate well balanced meals and managed to lose weight but I plateaud hence, the food change. I will follow the advise of many here and up my caloric intake. If I see that lose 0.5lbs in two weeks, then I know it's working. If I don't, then I will see a nutritionist so she can advise further.

The bolded is what they mean. No one food is good or bad. It is your diet as a whole that is healthy or unhealthy.

This is a common misconception and why so many people have a poor relationship with food.

What makes wild rice or quinoa any better than another grain? They have different nutrients but that only matters as part of your whole diet. For example Wild Rice is lower in calories than Brown Rice, but Brown Rice has more Fibre.

Yes some food is bad. Deep fried anything is bad as people tend not to eat it in moderation. Like I said before, this is not a forever thing. It was a jump start since I was plateauing. Giving up wheat and grains I thought was going to do the trick. I didn't want to do the keto or paleo diet that's why I am eating seeds rather than grains and keeping dairy. All whole foods have their merits and once this is done, I can slowly introduce whole grains again.

Some people not eating a food in moderation doesn't make the food itself bad, it makes the inability to moderate it a bad thing. But people can overeat any kind of food, fruit and veg is considered good, but if I eat so much of it that I can't meet my protein and fat goals within my calorie goal that's not healthy either, it puts maintaining muscle at risk and means I am unlikely to be absorbing as much of the vitamins from the foods I am eating, as many require fat for absorption.

That's fine. However, my initial question was why I'm not losing weight eventho I'm eating healthy and the question has been answered. Thanks All.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    If you want to be exact you need a food scale to measure all solid foods.

You have many misconceptions about food. It sounds like something or someone has made you scared and that is a shame. If you do not have a medical reason it is unnecessary to cut out anything from your diet. There are some things you may need to eat in moderation if they are very calorie dense like regular ice cream but only because you have to budget your calories or risk being hungry all day.

Think of your body nutrition like a bucket. It has a finite amount of space. Once you fill your bucket the rest of the nutrients you keep eating will not fit and will be wasted. This is why it is okay to eat all the fun stuff too.

I don't have misconceptions about food. I do know what is healthy and what is not. As it was pointed out here, I am not eating as much as I should and I should be eating part of my increased caloric intake. I cut out grains and "added sugars" in what I thought would jump start weight loss. Clearly I didn't do it right. The grains that I have cut out have been replaced with good seeds like wild rice, quinoa and amaranth. What I am doing is not for life but for 40 days. Prior to this new change I ate well balanced meals and managed to lose weight but I plateaud hence, the food change. I will follow the advise of many here and up my caloric intake. If I see that lose 0.5lbs in two weeks, then I know it's working. If I don't, then I will see a nutritionist so she can advise further.

The bolded is what they mean. No one food is good or bad. It is your diet as a whole that is healthy or unhealthy.

This is a common misconception and why so many people have a poor relationship with food.

What makes wild rice or quinoa any better than another grain? They have different nutrients but that only matters as part of your whole diet. For example Wild Rice is lower in calories than Brown Rice, but Brown Rice has more Fibre.

Yes some food is bad. Deep fried anything is bad as people tend not to eat it in moderation. Like I said before, this is not a forever thing. It was a jump start since I was plateauing. Giving up wheat and grains I thought was going to do the trick. I didn't want to do the keto or paleo diet that's why I am eating seeds rather than grains and keeping dairy. All whole foods have their merits and once this is done, I can slowly introduce whole grains again.

I don't think you can speak for all 'people' as lots of us can eat fried food in moderation, so it's not bad.

And even if I ate lots of fried food, it still wouldn't be bad, just potentially highly calorific

I didnt say all people, i said people

That makes even less sense.

Just because you and those around you can't eat something in moderation doesn't mean that it's impossible to eat it in moderation.
  • schmanciepants
    schmanciepants Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I did the whole 30 last fall...I didn’t lose weight and was tired all the time by the end. Once I started eating grains again, my energy perked back up....and I must have been eating at maintenance (no calorie counting).
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    1350 to 1400 was better for me and I still lost the same amt of weight. But sounds like you figured it out.