NO MORE CALORIE COUNTING

Options

Replies

• wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting isn't for everyone. Its like balancing the checkbook. Some people see it as an odious chore, some get satisfaction in knowing everything is ok. Or doing the laundry. It may not matter, science-wise, but I would never in a million years wash my kids stanky pubic hair underwear with kitchen towels or face towels. Yet, many people do. Makes me want to vomit just thinking about it.

I like counting. I weigh everything that can be weighed. And, log everything that can be logged.
  • sherryzm24
    sherryzm24 Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    lbsansouci wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    If I let my body be in charge, I'd eat two pizzas a week and wake up with strangers in my bed.

I think I'll keep counting calories and enjoy my clean sheets. ;)

This has created way more questions than answers...

Yeah well, I was just kidding about the pizza. o:)

:laugh:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    If I let my body be in charge, I'd eat two pizzas a week and wake up with strangers in my bed.

I think I'll keep counting calories and enjoy my clean sheets. ;)

This has created way more questions than answers...

Yeah well, I was just kidding about the pizza. o:)

Two pizzas a week is barely sufficient.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    ...everything you’re quoting just keeps confirming amusedmonkey’s statement that it wasn’t a low carb diet. Why...?
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Food group restriction diets fulfill the psychological need for overweight persons to be punished. Sometimes these diets work. But, this is a deeply subconscious force. Applied to calorie counting, it may cause dieters to substitute otherwise retched ingredients for very small reductions in calorie count.

Like gamblers are addicted to losing. They just don't know it consciously.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    It was certainly my experience that most of the dieting I did in the past was out of the belief that I needed to be dieting in order to be socially acceptable as a fat person. Not to actually lose weight.