kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,155 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    So all y’all can dish your own ice cream? That’s bullshrimp

“Scoop” seems to fit so much better here. 😘
  • FaabLife4
    FaabLife4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think if I was gona be unhappy anyway then I would do it with somebody.

A problem shared is a problem halved after all. We could be unhappy together. Or we might end up making each other happy....

Id take the chance on that.

Great perspective! Misery loves company!

The only way it wouldn't work this way, id imagine, was if the other person actually compounded your unhappiness.

Like they were a total douch bag.
    In which case I may venture out alone.

Single. Bc I had this and if I had it again I'd be unhappy and in jail. LOL.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Single. I wouldn't want to drag someone I care about down.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    but you had a choice: To be unhappy and married or unhappy and single, what would you choose?
    Isn't this a tautology? :D
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    If the source of my unhappiness was the other person, i would say single. But, if it was just unhappiness unrelated to my spouse? I would say married. Unhappiness is never permanent.
  • angermouse
    angermouse Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    no man will determine my happiness.
    sorry im a misery :#
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

Don’t foist synonyms at me
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options

But could he thrust them?
    u6zsk76lbe9e.jpg
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    What if being married to someone great could cure your unhappiness?

Never rely on someone else for your happiness ...

Which going by that this thread concept is moot?

🤔
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

u6zsk76lbe9e.jpg

What inducement necessitates you to importune by and by the most wanting
    Why do you insist on being the worst?
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options

u6zsk76lbe9e.jpg

What inducement necessitates you to importune by and by the most wanting
    Why do you insist on being the worst?

For the reason that yours truly is superb at doing such.
    Because I'm so great at it.
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I don’t think it’s that simple of an answer, especially if you have children. I truly believe if children are involved their happiness should be taken into consideration. I don’t believe parents should stay merely for the children, but if both parents are willing to work on things it’s best for the children involved unless abuse or infidelity is an issue. With that being said, ultimately unhappiness may come from within. If so, changing something externally is only a bandage to the actual problem. This unhealthy coping mechanism will be passed on from generation to generation if not attended to properly. Changing your relationship statues won’t fix the problem in this instance, rather more than likely will add to it.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Single, If I were married and unhappy I think I'd be resentful and blame spouse at least in part for unhappiness - even if the unhappiness would be there either way

...wow @newmeadow...it this a psychological experiment? If answered truthfully, it may be kinda telling of some core personality traits
  • laprimaJenny
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Single, If I were married and unhappy I think I'd be resentful and blame spouse at least in part for unhappiness - even if the unhappiness would be there either way

...wow @newmeadow...it this a psychological experiment? If answered truthfully, it may be kinda telling of some core personality traits

You know it is. One of the best thing in this place is trying to figure out people's personalities, traits and behavior kinda like people watching.

Except do people truly say things genuinely?! My experience in life is that people tend to say things that they think people want to hear.
  • laprimaJenny
    Options

You know it is. One of the best thing in this place is trying to figure out people's personalities, traits and behavior kinda like people watching.

Except do people truly say things genuinely?! My experience in life is that people tend to say things that they think people want to hear.

Behavioral pattern is kinda hard to turn off. I wonder if anybody has figured me out except for the stuff I show.

Yes agreed, except most people don’t pay enough attention to really notice the patterns.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

Unless Im being paid, I most often say things genuinely, or say nothing at all. I'm a blurter too. On here I'm even less inhibited, I feel I can express myself better written than verbally (I sometimes just ramble and forget what I say in person).
    At work I'll bite my tongue, or say nothing and just smile and maybe shrug, or say something vague if I disagree with someone like "ya, maybe" or "I don't know", sometimes I just stare at them and say nothing (awkward silence has become one of my happy places).
    Come to think of it, I often do this outside of work too, unless I feel like engaging in conversation...then I let loose what I think (even if it doesn't make sense) just to get it out or get feedback to consider why I think what I do.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Single. More opportunities to try and find happy.