Almonds disaster

Options
Just realised that I can’t devour almonds like a mad woman 😭😭🤣🤣

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Nuts are good for you, but, calorie dense, and it was a lesson a lot of us had to learn 🙁
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Not a disaster - we all learn something new every single day. Trust MFP, so much information available.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I broke down and opened a bag last night (Blue Diamond smokehouse) - I have been measuring out, but I just grabbed the bag last night. .... better than ice cream
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I love almonds especially the chocolate coated variety....Its a mess. LOL double whammy
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Same here. Raw almonds are great except that I want to eat half the HUGE bag :(
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I love almonds especially the chocolate coated variety....Its a mess. LOL double whammy

I know, right! They have these dark chocolate covered almonds with sea salt at Target, they are so good!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

I know, right! They have these dark chocolate covered almonds with sea salt at Target, they are so good!

That sounds heavenly
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    If you have to go, almonds are a good way to do it.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I have almonds every day for breakfast! Either 22 g of almonds only, or 18 g of almonds plus 10 g of roasted edamame (I find the edamame is satisfyingly crunchy and makes the almonds go further, plus it’s more protein).
    I always weigh and prepack them so I don’t go crazy.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Let me just ruin your day a little further, go weigh out a serving of almond butter or peanut butter. Its just better to rip off the bandaid at once.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    LOL I remember the first time i counted calories and realized how many calories were in almonds i literally threw OUT THE CONTAINER right then and there.

that was years ago. this time around i`ve reintroduced them and eat them in moderate portion. I do buy plain (roasted unstalted) though. weigh out my portion and put away the rest.