Almonds disaster

Replies

• kzshelbi
    kzshelbi Posts: 73 Member
    I get unsalted almonds and I love them. They help keep me full periodically sometimes too. Sadly at the moment I cant eat them because my teeth are still kind of hurting.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Just realised that I can’t devour almonds like a mad woman 😭😭🤣🤣

Neither can I. Nuts (especially peanuts and almonds) in excess have a laxative effect on me.
  • neszkali854
    neszkali854 Posts: 7 Member
    I love them roasted .i mix it with cut up protein bars and can go into a handful x10 almond binge. Ugh 🐖 no more lol
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Honey roasted with sea salt...
  • amiek7174
    amiek7174 Posts: 1 Member
    Blue Diamond Salt and Vinegar Almonds are my weakness! For sure curbs the chip craving tho!
  • vyadavalli
    vyadavalli Posts: 3 Member
    I do mix Almonds and Peanuts for 40g soak them daily and eat them skin off. They really balance into my macros. I started with 20g. Soaked nuts are easy to digest.
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    amiek7174 wrote: »
    Blue Diamond Salt and Vinegar Almonds are my weakness! For sure curbs the chip craving tho!
    How have I not heard of these ???
  • rebeccamorgan58152
    rebeccamorgan58152 Posts: 35 Member
    Tamari almonds and lots of milk are my favourite go to when I’m having appetite issues, like today. I’ve walked about 18000 steps today, smashed it at the gym and would rather eat worms than dinner.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    When I eat almonds now, I count them out. My sources say 22 almonds is one serving. So, I count them out, all 22 of them. Then I chew each one thoroughly until it's completely liquified. This takes time and by the time I've done the same with the 22nd almond, I've had enough. Works for me.

Have been eating lots of peanut butter lately and that requires a different "trick" to eat at an acceptable level. Thus far, I've been able to stick to my plan on that one too.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,886 Member
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    Let me just ruin your day a little further, go weigh out a serving of almond butter or peanut butter. Its just better to rip off the bandaid at once.

It was a sad, sad day when I got my digital food scale and saw just how small 2 T of peanut butter really was.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Tankiscool wrote: »
    Let me just ruin your day a little further, go weigh out a serving of almond butter or peanut butter. Its just better to rip off the bandaid at once.

It was a sad, sad day when I got my digital food scale and saw just how small 2 T of peanut butter really was.

and it never gets better! every.single.time. i do it i get super sad!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    dulcitonia wrote: »
    amiek7174 wrote: »
    How have I not heard of these ???

They disappeared from the stores around here about 2-3 years ago. I bought them a lot and was very sad when they were no longer available.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    :lol: I had to stop buying those tasty Blue Almond roasted with flavors ones.

I discovered the wasabi flavor ones, thanks to my boyfriend. I'm amazed that the bag is still partially full, and being eaten in moderation between the two of us.
  • dasham1218
    dasham1218 Posts: 15 Member
    walterm852 wrote: »
    I broke down and opened a bag last night (Blue Diamond smokehouse) - I have been measuring out, but I just grabbed the bag last night. .... better than ice cream

Yeah...I'm a sucker for the smokehouse ones, there's no way I can eat the "Correct portion", my correct portion is the whole damn thing! lol That flavor is spot on!! They are like pringle's slogan, once you pop, you can't stop! lol
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    edited April 2019
    NovusDies wrote: »
    When I eat almonds now, I count them out. My sources say 22 almonds is one serving. So, I count them out, all 22 of them. Then I chew each one thoroughly until it's completely liquified. This takes time and by the time I've done the same with the 22nd almond, I've had enough. Works for me.

Have been eating lots of peanut butter lately and that requires a different "trick" to eat at an acceptable level. Thus far, I've been able to stick to my plan on that one too.

Based on your other posts where you mention your history I suppose you need tricks that the rest of us don't but doesn't that mess with the textural experience? I am fairly certain I would find that kind of a gross experience. It is also possible you like almonds far more than I do.

That way of eating was a popular diet fad more than 100 years ago. If you’re interested, do a Google search for Fletcherism or Horace Fletcher, i read his book that someone emailed me as a PDF. It was a fun read.