So which are you ?

Options
Are you a person that Diets all in gung ho ? Or are you the type that is far more casual and cheats here and there at times ? I have always been the Gung Ho dieter not cheating keeping to my 1500 Calories a day. I walk 5 to 10 miles a day and amass many extra calories a day but never still eat over my 1500. Once in awhile but not often I will put a meal plan together for the day and find I am over those 1500 and I feel terrible because of it. I should not as I have amassed so many calories with the walking I am doing but still feel guilty none the less.

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I am also neither. I follow a weekly calorie goal, so I am able to have days with more calorie dense foods balanced with lighter days. I don't restrict any foods and do keep an eye on my macros based on the fitness goals I have at the time. So ultimately, there's no need for cheating as I am not restricting anything and can fit stuff in as I want to.

I also don't consider myself a dieter; it's just how I manage my intake. I lost some weight doing this, then I bulked and cut a couple times, and now I am maintaining.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    When I go over what I planned to eat, I too can feel guilty. And that can derail my eating for the rest of the day. Feeling guilty can make you feel really bad about yourself. I don't know how to rid of that feeling - like we did something bad. Hugs
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Why not both? I'm strict most of the time and schedule myself a refeed day.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    I think I’m gung ho, I just want to get it done and over with.