Anyone out there with a goal of maintaining their high school weight?

Options
I’ve seldom varied more than ten pounds from my 1975 weight, even when I was trying to gain weight.

Replies

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    No, because I graduated high school very anorexic with a BMI of 14.9.

I'm still at my college weight though, which is healthy for me. Graduated 10 years ago (whaaat).

I was at the opposite end with a BMI of 31/32. Those days are thankfully over.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    nope i was obese in high school.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what my high school weight was. But I certainly haven't maintained it. I think I was around 175ish. Got up to 235. Now on my back down at 208. Maybe I will get there once again some day.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Stayed HS weight until about 40, then gained about 10-12lbs. I've put on enough muscle mass that I don't think I'll ever get back down to HS weight unless I'm bedridden for a while or ever decide to compete in a bodybuilding competition.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,084 Member
    Options
    I was somewhat overweight in high school, and lamentably underactive, so no.

I lost weight in college, mostly without trying, via higher activity. Once out of school and working full-time, I gained to obese, despite being very athletically active for the last dozen years of obesity.

I'm thinner and fitter now, at 63, than I was in high school. And I'd prefer to stay here.

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    good god no. I was one of those... really skinny even though I ate ice cream and chicken nuggets and whatever other crap I wanted all the time people. (and I was also not athletic and didn't play any sports so I'm not sure how I was burning all those calories) I don't need to be that thin again. Not that I was sickly looking or anything but it's just not necessary. I think I look nice at a higher weight.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm smaller now than I was in high school. I was averaging about 140-150 pounds in high school. Much smaller now.
  • SeattleBebop1
    SeattleBebop1 Posts: 26 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I'm not sure of my high school weight. It just never occurred to me that I should be weighing myself; I was young and active. I am pretty sure I typically wore dress size 8 then, and I wear that or a 6 now -- but with vanity sizing always changing, who the hell knows?

I believe my weight is pretty similar to my college days, but I didn't exercise or play sports then, and ate junk food (along with fruit) whenever I wanted. I definitely feel I am healthier now because I prepare my own foods and exercise regularly.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I was pretty fat in high school. I think I weigh the same now, but wear it completely differently.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I’m about the same as high school, but lost and gained hundreds (maybe thousands) of pounds in the span of 30 years between then and now. Yours sounds like a much, much better plan.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    My goal was to get at a weight no more than 10 percent higher than what I weighed as a senior in high school. I weighed 161 lbs. so 10 percent more is 177 lbs. i met this goal recently. Feels about right for me but everyone is different and, therefore, may have a different sweet spot benchmark.

I weighed 169 at my Army exit physical when 3 months shy of age 21. As of today, I’m 3 lbs. heavier than this. My goal is to stay where I’m at, easier to run being lighter.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I currently weigh a couple of pounds less than when I finished high school. 115lbs, I'm at about 113-114lbs now, so yeah. 115lbs is the middle of my maintenance range.

I started high school at 92lbs, with measurements of 32-22-32. I was still a child! I can't remember what I finished high school at except 115lbs and I was wearing the wrong bra size (the band always rode up in the back).
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    At 42, I'm my seventh grade size again finally. haha. I was a real big kid then at 5'8" and 165-170 lb but very happy to be back there again after many, many years of being well over 200 (including all through high school).
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Geez no way! I weighed about 117 in high school. My goal weight now is mid 150s.