Help with diet

Options
1235»

Replies

• jekkarez
    jekkarez Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Okay, thanks everyone

I've done some changes to my meals and gonna see how that's gonna work out for the next couple of days

If it works I can start thinking of seasoning and such =)

Thanks a lot
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Even though I like chicken, I would definitely try eating some other protein...beef, pork, fish. I would get awfully tired of it for every meal.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    If you substitute cauliflower rice for regular rice in one of your meals that might give you extra calories to add in another snack, on days i'm really hungry i do greek yogurt with raw veggies.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    @jekkarez It looks like you are weighing your food and pretty much have a handle on how to log your intake. It's not clear to me whether you are using MFP to calculate how much you can really eat. It sounds like your trainer told you that you've only earned 300 calories? Have you used the "exercise" tab at the top? Input every day what you're doing at the gym for two hours to find out how many additional calories you can eat that day. I'd bet you are burning more than 300 calories! YOU WILL STILL LOSE WEIGHT. So if you're supposed to eat 1600 calories a day, and you run and burn 700 calories, you get to eat 2300 calories that day. It doesn't sound like you are eating the calories you earned by exercising, which of course will lead to your feeling hungry because you are probably not adequately fueling your body for the exercise.
  • jekkarez
    Options
    It calculates only cardio in the app and only on certain exercise other people have input? Not sure.... I do more strength stuff than cardio

But thanks for the input
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more calories, period. You don't have much to lose and exercising 2 hours a day will burn more than 300 calories. You are hungry because you are undereating. You should be closer to 2000 a day at a minimum. And you honestly don't need to workout 2 hours a day. I am 5'8, smaller, work out much less time than you and lose easily on 1800. You also need to eat more fiber and filling foods in the form of fruit and vegetables and whole grains.

Ideas:

I would be starving soon after your breakfast. Why don't you add the eggs to your breakfast so you have some fat with your breakfast and more protein. Wouldn't hurt to add a fruit.

Sub white rice to brown rice for fiber and eat less of it to make room for other foods such as much more veggies.

Eat some fruit as a snack, maybe with a few nuts.

I know you don't care about flavor, but satiety is not just in the macros. I would make a stir fry with the chicken, a bunch of veggies and some soy sauce and serve over a smaller portion of brown rice. Or mix it up and have whole wheat spaghetti with turkey meat sauce and a salad or vegetables. There are so many other foods that can fit your calories (which must be increased) and keep you full that is not just chicken and rice.

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    @jekkarez

What did you have for dinner last night? Were you able to add anything to it?
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    What I am getting from your responses OP, is that you are way overthinking all of this. You can eat other carbs other than rice that are just as easy to make/store - pasta, make a box of it, and store it in the fridge and portion it out like you do rice. Potatoes - takes like 6 minutes in the microwave. Add some butter/sour cream, will be a lot more filling than rice.

For other types of fat, do you like nuts? Eat a snack with nuts, cheese, beef jerky, all have protein and fat.
  • jekkarez
    edited April 2019
    Options
    @dmt4641

I eat "Breakfast" at 9 AM (When I come to work) and then the first half of my lunch at 11, and the second half at around 2. I don't mind moving things around but it'll only mean I'll have less for later.

I have amended the stuff I add to my meals since this post, but to be honest have not gotten to implement this as I still have the issue of shared fridge which is way too small for 3 people and I am thinking of ways I can store the amount of vegetables needed daily there =/

Cooking on a daily basis (Aka per meal) is not an option for me (Simply because I don't want to)

Ultimately my biggest problem with things like a stir fry comes to the point of "How do you measure calories in something like that?"

Sure you can divide it by the amount of servings you are getting out of it... By my OCD just keeps nagging that this is too much estimation and is not good enough. I know that this is a "Me problem"..... buuuut ultimately there is very little I can do about it and I will keep on trying to separate things to be able to measure them properly rather than estimating

Edit:

Again - The problem I am facing is not how to make food.... I know enough about that... The question is - What to make?

And so far overwhelmingly people said that veggies should fix all of my life problems... Gonna try that out I guess