Calorie Counter

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

From couch to triathlon

Replies

• cabwjcabwj Member Posts: 847 Member Member Posts: 847 Member
    So awesome, Lori, you rock!
  • kgb6dayskgb6days Member Posts: 871 Member Member Posts: 871 Member
    You are amazing! You also inspire me. 2 years ago I ran my first marathon at 60. 1.5 years ago I stopped running after 5 close family deaths within a few months. It's time to get back off the couch and back at it. Thank you for sharing your accomplishment!
  • missysippy930missysippy930 Member Posts: 2,023 Member Member Posts: 2,023 Member
    This is so inspirational and such an awesome accomplishment! Congratulations!
  • L1zardQueenL1zardQueen Member Posts: 7,536 Member Member Posts: 7,536 Member
    You are so inspiring! Woot woot
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseItIdLikeToLoseItLoseIt Member, Premium Posts: 597 Member Member, Premium Posts: 597 Member
    Very inspiring, thank you for sharing!
  • nowine4menowine4me Member, Premium Posts: 3,985 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,985 Member
    You are awesome. I might have shed a little tear over this one. You are patient, consistent and persistent. All wonderful qualities.
  • swim777swim777 Member Posts: 575 Member Member Posts: 575 Member
    Congratulations!!! You are amazing!
  • girlwithcurls2girlwithcurls2 Member Posts: 1,942 Member Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    I always love reading your posts. This one takes the cake though. I started swimming almost 5 years ago after a lifetime fear of the water. It's put tri-thoughts into my head, although I absolutely hate cycling, lol. I think my favorite part of your story is that you took it at a pace to remember and enjoy :heart: Therein lies wisdom. What a fantastic achievement. Thank you so much for sharing!
  • puffbratpuffbrat Member Posts: 2,803 Member Member Posts: 2,803 Member
    You are amazing! I love your positive mindset and you have made wonderful progress!
  • IremiaReIremiaRe Member Posts: 802 Member Member Posts: 802 Member
    Anybody who doesn't recognize that you are a total rock star is just an idiot!

Keep on Truckin, Sugar!
  • deannalfisherdeannalfisher Member, Premium Posts: 5,604 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5,604 Member
    just remember - triathlons are like pringles - you can't do just one :)
  • 42Amy42Amy Member, Premium Posts: 76 Member Member, Premium Posts: 76 Member
    I too did my first sprint tri last summer at 49...there was someone there who was 80! You are an inspiration! What's next?
  • lorrpblorrpb Member Posts: 11,163 Member Member Posts: 11,163 Member
    42Amy wrote: »
    I too did my first sprint tri last summer at 49...there was someone there who was 80! You are an inspiration! What's next?

A 30 Mile bike event in June, 1 MI open water swim in July, and another trisprint in Aug!
  • MadisonMolly2017MadisonMolly2017 Member Posts: 5,763 Member Member Posts: 5,763 Member
    @lorrpb
    I love your attitude, Lori. Congratulations & know we are all here beaming, shedding a sweet tear, and cheering you on❣️

Totally inspiring & I’m in awe of your wisdom❣️
  • ahoy_m8ahoy_m8 Member Posts: 2,007 Member Member Posts: 2,007 Member
    Reading this 1+ year later (linked from another thread). Awesome & inspirational!
  • michael1976_camichael1976_ca Member Posts: 3,475 Member Member Posts: 3,475 Member
    wow outstanding job keep it up
  • elisa123galelisa123gal Member Posts: 3,820 Member Member Posts: 3,820 Member
    You look so happy..and that says it all. You are amazing.
  • jennietm2014jennietm2014 Member, Premium Posts: 7 Member Member, Premium Posts: 7 Member
    You inspire me! I turn 60 this fall. I’ve lost and gained a lot of weight over my lifetime, but my lowest adult weight thus far has been 189. At my age, I was beginning to think it didn’t matter any more. :'(
    Then a succession of doctors within months told me that if I don’t get a handle on this, I’m going to die early. I started 2 weeks ago at 242. I have only 1 kidney, and have stage 2 kidney disease. I’m diabetic and have had uncontrolled blood sugars for several years now.
    I’m two weeks in and your story tells me that it’s not too late and that it’s worth it. Thank you! <3
    edited June 7
  • lorrpblorrpb Member Posts: 11,163 Member Member Posts: 11,163 Member
    You inspire me! I turn 60 this fall. I’ve lost and gained a lot of weight over my lifetime, but my lowest adult weight thus far has been 189. At my age, I was beginning to think it didn’t matter any more. :'(
    Then a succession of doctors within months told me that if I don’t get a handle on this, I’m going to die early. I started 2 weeks ago at 242. I have only 1 kidney, and have stage 2 kidney disease. I’m diabetic and have had uncontrolled blood sugars for several years now.
    I’m two weeks in and your story tells me that it’s not too late and that it’s worth it. Thank you! <3

Yes it’s possible and yes it’s worth it! I won’t say it’s “easy” but it’s definitely possible!😘
  • TracergirlTracergirl Member Posts: 17 Member Member Posts: 17 Member
    To finish first, you must first finish! You are amazing!