• Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Mean Girls would make excellent vampires, but what happens when the bookish-nerdy girl that they're mean to is actually concocting a potion her laboratory/dorm room to control, torture and kill them all?

(this was actually the plot of the first story I ever wrote to submit for publication)
    ((it was not accepted))
    (((it was not very good; in hindsight, I wouldn't have accepted it either)))
    ((((I keep saying I'll rewrite it someday but WHO CARES))))

i think it'd be better if the mean girls/vampires were actually the protagonists and the bookish-nerdy girl is the true villain of the story. like a natural continuation of the ending (book ending) to I Am Legend.

That's 100% how I set it up; build sympathy for the girl gettin picked on til you realize just how cruel she is when the tables are turned.

i wrote one years ago about a serial killer being tormented by asp moth caterpillars, which were actually the spirits of his victims, and now i wanna revisit that idea only he's a vampire now

I mean, I'd read that

I got one about a dude who is gifted this alien slug/parasite thing and while he's coming to grips with his induction into this secret society that's just granted him immortality he realizes that the blackouts he's been having are where he's been killin people

you should read the Brian Lumley Necroscope series- the vampires in it aren't really supernatural, they're based on an alien/slug/leech lifeform than can infect people which i always thought was pretty original, but the main protagonist is a human with psychic abilities who talks to the dead and eventually gains a bunch of other abilities including teleportation.

That sounds interesting, sorta like that Brian whosit who did the zombie books about the demons coming from Hell and taking over bodies. The first zombie was a fish...."different" premise, for sure
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    If Jar Jar Binks was a vampire, would that make him better or worse as a character? Would it make Phantom Menace better or worse?

• iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Mean Girls would make excellent vampires, but what happens when the bookish-nerdy girl that they're mean to is actually concocting a potion her laboratory/dorm room to control, torture and kill them all?

(this was actually the plot of the first story I ever wrote to submit for publication)
    ((it was not accepted))
    (((it was not very good; in hindsight, I wouldn't have accepted it either)))
    ((((I keep saying I'll rewrite it someday but WHO CARES))))

i think it'd be better if the mean girls/vampires were actually the protagonists and the bookish-nerdy girl is the true villain of the story. like a natural continuation of the ending (book ending) to I Am Legend.

That's 100% how I set it up; build sympathy for the girl gettin picked on til you realize just how cruel she is when the tables are turned.

i wrote one years ago about a serial killer being tormented by asp moth caterpillars, which were actually the spirits of his victims, and now i wanna revisit that idea only he's a vampire now

I mean, I'd read that

I got one about a dude who is gifted this alien slug/parasite thing and while he's coming to grips with his induction into this secret society that's just granted him immortality he realizes that the blackouts he's been having are where he's been killin people

you should read the Brian Lumley Necroscope series- the vampires in it aren't really supernatural, they're based on an alien/slug/leech lifeform than can infect people which i always thought was pretty original, but the main protagonist is a human with psychic abilities who talks to the dead and eventually gains a bunch of other abilities including teleportation.

That sounds interesting, sorta like that Brian whosit who did the zombie books about the demons coming from Hell and taking over bodies. The first zombie was a fish...."different" premise, for sure

Brian Keene- the Rising series? yeah he started out strong but he's fallen off in recent years. i think he planned all his books to be tied together (the Labyrinth mythos) like the Dark Tower, but he's had a lot of issues over the years with his publishers and it set him back. plus he got involved in a freak accident about a year or so ago involving a fire and got burned pretty badly which has probably set him back even further now.
  • Reckoner67
    cee134 wrote: »
    If Jar Jar Binks was a vampire, would that make him better or worse as a character? Would it make Phantom Menace better or worse?

He sucked the life out of an entire franchise; I submit to you that, perhaps, he is already a very powerful vampire
  • cee134
    Let the Right One In is still my favorite vampire movie.

I also think it's the most creative vampire movie that I have seen.
  • Reckoner67
    Let the Right One In is still my favorite vampire movie.

I also think it's the most creative vampire movie that I have seen.

Was just talking about this movie this morning; I really liked it. It fits in a first-place favorite spot quite well
  • cee134

He sucked the life out of an entire franchise; I submit to you that, perhaps, he is already a very powerful vampire

What if he was a vampire but still extremely clumsy? Even if it made no sense for the movie or plot to have him be a vampire, and they just randomly showed him feeding on an some random alien and then got back to the normal plot, I think I would enjoy that movie much more.

So the next question is, can vampires suck the blood of aliens? Has that every been discussed? What kind of vampire would be able to suck the blood of any living creature? To me that kind of Vampire would be like Thanos without the need of the infinity stones.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I think a fun remake would be any one of those movies where someone was stranded alone (raft, sinking ship, desert island, wilderness, post apocalyptic) etc.

The person would be a doomed vampire, and it would be funny to watch. Kinda a
    tragedy too. He'd probably just keep trying to find ways to kill himself, but he can't. No "food", in some situations no "shelter"...just immortality.
  • Reckoner67
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I think a fun remake would be any one of those movies where someone was stranded alone (raft, sinking ship, desert island, wilderness, post apocalyptic) etc.

The person would be a doomed vampire, and it would be funny to watch. Kinda a
    tragedy too. He'd probably just keep trying to find ways to kill himself, but he can't. No "food", in some situations no "shelter"...just immortality.

The lure of walking into the sun to end it would be strong, but he couldn’t handle the pain. The fear of burying himself to slumber until he was found—which could potentially be never—would be another psychological hurdle to overcome.

Yeah, I’d see this movie