Best Concert You've Ever Seen?

Options
powerplaymsu
powerplaymsu Posts: 131 Member
Thinking this morning as I am about to head to a concert what was the best concert you've ever seen?

Replies

• Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Who you seeing ?

Blind melon at house of blues - was with new singer but still an awesome show
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Kid Rock! Saw him 2 New Year's Eve in a row, once in St. Louis and once in Kansas City and both were great shows. Guns & Roses at Arrowhead Stadium in KC was awesome too!
  • powerplaymsu
    powerplaymsu Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Godsmack and Volbeat tonight. This is the fourth time I've seen Volbeat but a first for Godsmack. I've seen so many shows. Probably the best concert I've seen was Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins and Red Hot Chili Peppers....and it wasn't a festival! Pearl Jam 10 had just been released and they were the opener!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Man, this is a hard one. It's really a toss up between Nine Inch Nails, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rob Zombie, Eric Church and Neil Diamond. All amazing entertainers and I have seen some of them more than once cuz they leave you wanting more.
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    So far, it's an even toss up between Roger Daltrey at Bethel Woods and Ringo Starr at Radio City. I called out to Ringo "I love you, Ringo!" and he stopped the show to respond. Such a cool moment! This year, I've got tickets to see the Rolling Stones. So looking forward to that, and the Who is coming to Jones Beach.
  • dannycain280894
    dannycain280894 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For me defintely Parkway Drive! Stage production is amazing and just really talented musicians.
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Hard one. The first two were Events.

Cal Jam --1974
    Rare Earth
    Earth, Wind & Fire
    Eagles
    Seals and Crofts
    Black Oak Arkansas
    Black Sabbath
    Deep Purple
    Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Anaheim -- 1976
    ZZ Top
    Blue Oyster Cult
    Johnny Winter
    Edgar Winter

I think the best single performer concert I have been to is Steve Miller. Saw him in 1974, 2002 and 2018. He's as good now as he was then.

Or maybe David Bowie in 1975. Or, I don't know, I've been to over 800 concerts in my life. Next one is Jeff Lynne from ELO on June 29th.

Jeff Lynne/ELO is a good one! AND he'll be joined with George Harrison's son Dhani on tour. Dhani Harrison is a fantastic musician in his own right. Enjoy the show!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    Ani DiFranco always puts on a good show. Foo Fighters have great energy too - I’m not a big fan of their music, but I love Dave Grohl
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Hard one. The first two were Events.

Cal Jam --1974
    Rare Earth
    Earth, Wind & Fire
    Eagles
    Seals and Crofts
    Black Oak Arkansas
    Black Sabbath
    Deep Purple
    Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Anaheim -- 1976
    ZZ Top
    Blue Oyster Cult
    Johnny Winter
    Edgar Winter

I think the best single performer concert I have been to is Steve Miller. Saw him in 1974, 2002 and 2018. He's as good now as he was then.

Or maybe David Bowie in 1975. Or, I don't know, I've been to over 800 concerts in my life. Next one is Jeff Lynne from ELO on June 29th.

Holy jealous Batman! That’s a damn fine lineup
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    Options
    Joe Bonamassa and Gary Clark Jr. are pretty groovy too
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    Options
    And honestly I always have a *kitten* ton of fun whenever seeing any of the Marley brothers live.
  • Cowsfan1
    Options
    Saw the killers last year and it was really good -
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Impossible to pinpoint just one!
    On any given day, and depending on my mood I could be swayed to say any of these were my fave..

Rush(2010), Iron Maiden with Scorpions (1983), ACDC (2010), U2 (2013), Garth Brooks (1997), Guns and Roses with The Cult (1989)
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Hmmm tough one. I've been to a lot of concerts, but her are some of my favorites:
    -Metallica was awesome
    -Aerosmith before they became a pop band was really good. The show I went to was for the "Pink" tour, and their last CD before they got too Poppy for me.
    -Alice in Chains was great
    -Avenged Sevenfold was awesome
    -Slipknot was an entertaining show but not my kind of music
    -I saw Sound Garden about a month before Chris Cornell passed away, great show
    -Charlie Daniels Band always puts on a great show
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Gotta Say
    Willie Nelson
    The Eagles
    Chris Stapleton
  • Cowsfan1
    Options
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Hands down best live performers out there are The Mavericks. You can go to a show not knowing a single song and have an absolute amazing time. I saw them back in their heyday in the 90's and lamented about never being able to see them again after they broke up. Now that they have gotten back together I never miss a show if they come to town.

Surprisingly, both my husband and i agreed that John Fogerty put on one of the best performances we've ever seen. Disturbed is near the top of my list as well.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Fast forward to about 4min in when they really start jamming.

https://youtu.be/6zsAKJYBHyE