Any one else feeling much younger than they are !! Strong in mind and body?

Options
2»

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,405 Member
    Options
    Oops, not a 50km cycle ride but closer to 85. Time flies when you're having fun. Basically, I was wondering if I ended up too far from home. Turned out I was. Lets see what my injured knee will have to say about that.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I turn 60 in August. People guess my age at 50. I feel great. My body is not perfect but, I love it curves and all.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,405 Member
    Options
    I am 45 going on 25. I am in the best physical condition of my life, although, a bit more muscle definition is current goals. Mentally, meh, I'm still batshiiit crazy :D

Crazy is good! Once you're crazy you can do whatever you like (within reason). That's my motto anyway.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am 50. Garmin says my VO2max is that of an excellent 20 year old. But everyone who knows me knows that I am really just a 10 year old boy. :p
  • liz0269
    liz0269 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just turned 50. I have rheumatoid arthritis but I still make it to the gym for two hours most days. I will be one of those women doing deadlifts when she's 80 years old.
    Even with my RA, I feel better than I did in my 30s.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    I'm 61. Having a group of friends who are very fit has helped me to maintain a healthy lifestyle as well as providing an active, fun social group. This picture was taken last July during a group training ride on the Mont Tremblant bike course in preparation for the Ironman race. Five of the people in this photo are over 55 years old:

iyblfk2vq6fl.jpg
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Best way to get cat calls” about how young you look is visit your neighborhood senior center on bingo night.

Best way to get a reality check from “thinking you look younger than you are syndrome” is to walk past a pack of high school kids and listen to them say “Hey look at that old man, bet he smells like my grandpa’s closet.”
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    57 going on 18. Ok, slight exaggeration:) but I weigh less and feel better than I did when I was 40.