Help with calories

Options
Ok I’m struggling to reach 1200 cals what can I eat that’s high cals low carbs

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Eggs, meat, avocados, various oils. Weigh them out along with your other food, naturally.
  • kpaing121
    kpaing121 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi I get to my carb in take but end up with lots of calories to get
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    kpaing121 wrote: »
    Hi I get to my carb in take but end up with lots of calories to get

Do you have a medical reason to avoid carbs?
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    Options
    What's 'lots of calories'? What number did MFP give you to eat to and how short are you? What are you eating that's making it hard to get to 1200cal? Are you weighing everything and using accurate database entries?
  • kpaing121
    Options
    Ok need to lose half stone so doing calorie deficit 1200 cals to reach I’m eating meat eggs fruit veg but seem to keep falling short as I reach my carbs
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    Options
    Ok need to lose half stone so doing calorie deficit 1200 cals to reach I’m eating meat eggs fruit veg but seem to keep falling short as I reach my carbs

Eat more then. If you don't have a medical reason to avoid carbs then don't worry about going over. Are you tracking accurately?
  • kpaing121
    Options
    Yes I scan every thing thought had to stay low carbs that’s what it says on my nutrition chart
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    • How many calories do you reach on average?
    • How much weight have you lost since starting?
    • You've been a member since April 3rd, so it's only been 17 days. If you've truly been undereating daily, you'll most likely be feeling the effects within a few days.
    • If you're not using a food scale, you're most likely eating more than you think and you actually are reaching 1200 calories or beyond.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    Options
    Yes I scan every thing thought had to stay low carbs that’s what it says on my nutrition chart

Scanning foods just finds an entry in the database. It doesn't ensure you're actually getting an accurate entry, nor does the packaging guarantee what's inside it. Many pre-packaged things can be off enough for it to make a difference. Get a food scale and start weighing your food.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    What nutrition chart. Provided by who?
  • kpaing121
    Options
    On my fitness pal keep carb low help weight loss
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    with half a stone to lose you should set MFP for a rate of loss of 0.5lb/week (or i think that is 0.25kg/week). this will likely give you more daily calories, eat all those. then if you purposefully exercise, eat the exercise calories back too.

as long as you are within your calorie goal you will lose weight. macros are for feeling full and overall health but for weight LOSS it doesn't matter what the macros are. I go over carb macros regularly and still lost.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/43562024#Comment_43562024

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10737479/omg

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10737543/fitness-buddy
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    On my fitness pal keep carb low help weight loss

Weight loss comes from calorie reduction.....period. If you like eating low carb or you have medical issues then do that.

To reach your calorie goals (with very few carbs.....if that's your choice) you might have to step up your fat intake. Avocado, olive oil, full fat dairy, nuts.

For 1/2 stone to lose you should be looking for a weekly weight loss rate of 1/2 pound. With low carb your will see some water weight loss (not the same as fat loss) the first week.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    What were you eating before you decided to lose weight, because you didn’t gain it eating less than 1200 calories.

As others have said you need to set a reasonable rate of loss for the amount you have to lose and that’s likely 0.5 lb or 0.25 kg per week which may give you more calories to consume.

Logging accurately and consistently is really important. You may already be eating more than you think.

Have you read the stickied most helpful forum posts in the getting started section?
  • kpaing121
    Options
    Chicken pizza veg cheese rice pasta
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Chicken pizza veg cheese rice pasta

You can still eat all of those things.
  • kpaing121
    Options
    What and lose weight
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    Options
    What and lose weight

Yes. As long as you weigh it and track it and ensure the amounts you're eating don't put you over your daily calories, you can eat what you like. 1200 seems unnecessarily restrictive though.
  • kpaing121
    Options
    Restrictive
  • kpaing121
    Options
    I’ve lost nothing do you think my calorie goal is low get so many people saying do this do that it’s so hard