I Quit Soda

Options
2»

Replies

• OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Well done OP ! My dentist noticed when I stopped drinking soda (Euw, right ?!) and I also felt better. As above, a water filter works wonders !
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Also ! Carbonated drinks of any kind are not good for the bones....
  • SailorDH
    SailorDH Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great Job - When I stated my recent weight loss journey in Sept I gave up Diet Coke - which was hard - have been a diet coke junkie for 20 years since I quit alcohol - and the 20 oz diet coke was my comfort food, my "replacement vice". But the program was on mandated it. After several weeks, lost all the desire for it, and have since learned of how bad the ingredients are for the gastro system, so now have no intention of going back.

I have now achieved my goal weight - (down over 100 lbs) feeling great. Sparkling waters and seltzers, and plain water are ticket. I don't miss the other stuff - although occasionally I think all I ever drink are black coffee, water, and carbonated water - and the occasional glass of milk - seems limiting but the thought soon passes.....

Keep the faith all who are giving up on the POP!
  • huntercam727
    huntercam727 Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    That's EXACTLY what I did! Almost down to a T. Limited myself to movies, restaurants, and that rare occasion that I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open at work (I don't drink coffee.) Eventually, I just...stopped wanting it. We also stopped eating out as much so I wasn't really ever having it. I do still on occasion get one if we do eat out, but I usually find myself not very satisfied with it. Progress is progress. Congrats!!

Edit: I found what I mostly craved was the carbonation and fizziness. So I do on occasion enjoy flavored sparkling water. Still not the best for you, but if you find the right kind it's way better than a soda.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Before I ever started MFP (many years ago), I gave up dr pepper. At the time I was working as a waitress so I was very active, and I lost 15 lbs just from that lol. I was also drinking a LOT of dr pepper. probably at least 500 calories worth a day or more.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    YAY YOU! What I do with soda/pop is drink a quarter of it or so, then refill it with water, drink another quarter or so (sometimes half) and refill the rest with water, until I'm drinking just water with a wee hint of the soda, juice and I even do this with smoothies too. I do this with juice and other caloried drinks. When you first start doing this it tastes like...watered down stuff (because it is), but after a couple of weeks, you'll find yourself really liking it (the way watered down version of your drink) that way and eventually will find yourself watering down your juices and soda wayyyyyy more AND find yourself really liking the watered down version FAR BETTER than the full taste. This way, you can still have your soda/pop and/or juice YOUR WAY and won't be consuming so many liquid cals if you don't want to. It so works for me, but like most things, what's good/works for some maynot for others!
  • zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    A great success op! I'm down to one can of diet soda a day, at lunch time, and I have a goal to eliminate that yet this year (at the beginning of the year I was drinking 4+ cans a day). I'm saving a lot of money by reducing my intake :)
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Quit soda is extremely hard, so great job! I am super proud of you for this accomplishment!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!