Ultimate Accountability Challenge May 2019

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
You are invited to check us out...

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.

This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!! We are a non-commercial volunteer group with a proven track record of significant team member success.

We enthusiastically welcome our returning veterans and newcomers too!

The accountability is a daily report of:
1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories
4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above.

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification!!

This group emphasizes long-term changes, but you can sign up for one month at a time.

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    Join the May 2019 Ultimate Accountability Challenge here at the link below
    You are invited to check us out...
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/132306-ultimate-accountability-challenge-may-2019
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    This is the place to be if you want a challenge that will actually change your behavior. It has helped me literally take my hand off of the refrigerator handle, and take my rear end off of the couch.
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    This is the place to be if you want a challenge that will actually change your behavior. It has helped me literally take my hand off of the refrigerator handle, and take my rear end off of the couch.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    The self-awareness and habits fostered here (I started back last October) are what got me through the final push to maintenance. May will be my second month learning this new "working on staying the same" way of thinking and living.

And the Big Three Questions work for maintaining (or even gaining if that is what you need to do!) just as easily as they did for my shedding phase. They are also phrased in a way that makes ANY eating plan variation (from lifestyle choice like Keto or Vegan, to medical requirement like low-cholesterol or pre-diabetes) workable. Same for exercise type of choice.

You sign up for one month-long challenge at a time .... but it doesn't matter HOW many passes you end up using in the month (especially at the beginning when data-gathering and self-awareness is brand-new) .....

Just Keep Reporting! You are NEVER "eliminated"!
    (You just don't see your name on the glory list of the Winners' Circle on the first of the next month)

Month 2 ... try for a few less Passes than last time .... until you GET into the Winners' Circle .... then try to make it again, and so on.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    This is the best challenge there is on MFP. All are welcome!
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    This challenge is all you will need to get fitter,healthier and happier! No weigh ins, no lbs to worry about, you will not be judged or ridiculed when you use those passes, come and join us!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,167 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    This is a great challenge for accountability. It's helping me set good habits in a supportive and positive atmosphere. No weigh-ins, no judgements, and lots of encouragement.
    May will be my seventh month on UAC. I'm hoping to make the Winners Circle again, but even if I don't I will still log in every day.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,620 Member
    Options
    I've been with this group since June 2018. I really enjoy it because it keeps me accountable and motivated to keep my daily goals. Plus the support of friend.
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    April was my second month in the UAC, and I'm looking forward to joining again for May. I love the good-habit-building simplicity. :)
  • planj
    planj Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    :)
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I am in again for May, hopefully better than April. I end up getting sick and derailed my exercise program for several days. I am back at it so playing catch up.
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    May will be my fifth month with UAC, this challenge keeps me diligent on tracking my calories which for me is where I start slipping. I’ve consistently lost 5lbs a month since starting UAC but what I like is that we don’t focus on our weight but on the process that gets us our results. Whether you are actively losing or in maintenance UAC is a great tool.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I have participated in UAC since December 2017. May 2019 will be my 18th month in this "home away from home." We continue to be cheerleaders for the successes of others during their journey with MFP. In return, we are blessed with the company of like minded "virtual friends" with similar goals for a healthy life style. That's a "win" in my book whether, or not, I make the coveted "Winner's Circle." Thank you, all, for the support you show to other team members. We are a blessed group under the caring leadership of @RangerRickL .
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    "The Universe isn't going to make your desires come true. You are." Marc & Angel Chernoff

If you want to create a good habit that will lead to a healthier life, consider joining the UAC.
    Great group of supportive people.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    How do I sign up, i need something like this. I have recently starting getting closer to my maintenance goal (about 10-12 pounds to go) and although I am happy and excited by this, my strict discipline and the FIGHT to be diligent has faded and I have been too easy on myself. So now I am stuck gaining and loosing the same five pounds. I just want to kick it all to the curb for good
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Options
    @abowersgirl, this group will definitely help you kick it to the curb!! Welcome!
  • ForAmanda222
    ForAmanda222 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to join please. It's my first day tracking and counting on MFP so I've got a few days now to get ready for the May challenge. Starting weight is 336lbs and I'll be weighing myself on Thursdays.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    If you would like to join us, follow the link, to our Group Home Page, and click "Join"

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/132306-ultimate-accountability-challenge-may-2019

• ForAmanda222
    ForAmanda222 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Right I am all joined up x see you May 1st x
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    uom56slqkgw8.jpg
    See the testimonials above from our Ultimate Accountability Team Members. Join us for the May UAC. See links in the posts above.
    Rick