Ultimate Accountability Challenge May 2019

2»

Replies

• lessn00
    lessn00 Posts: 377 Member

I started UAC last May so this will mark 1 year for me! I committed myself to 18 months but I can see now that I will just continue on even into maintenance. It has been very good accountability for me and great people..posts and pictures! We are all striving for self improvement and the group energy is very positive and supportive. I have had successful physical results as well as mental growth this past year. I know that UAC had a big part in that.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    edited April 2019
    @less100n00 Thanks for your encouraging post.

Join us for the May Ultimate Accountability Challenge. Click on the link below
    Join the May 2019 Ultimate Accountability Challenge here at the link below
    You are invited to check us out...
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/132306-ultimate-accountability-challenge-may-2019
  • RangerRickL
    bqfu6qbn24z6.jpg
    Our April Winner's Circle awards will be announced on May 1. Join us for the May Ultimate Accountability Challenge. see the link above
  • hansep0012
    hansep0012 Posts: 385 Member
    Here is what I learned in my first month (April) at UAC:
    • Being mindful of three things is something I can do each and every day (track food, stay under calories and exercise)
    • Life throws you curve balls and three pass days reminds me that I am striving for a majority of good days with a few exceptions
    • Friends along the way keep me focused, motivated and entertained so read other people's posts
    • Exceeding my pass days is not a reason to not post and keep trying; I am going to own May!
  • RangerRickL
    Thank you for sharing your success, @hansep0012
  • RangerRickL
  • 4LeafMint
    4LeafMint Posts: 65 Member
    Does anyone have a typical template to follow for this challenge?
  • htebyoj
    htebyoj Posts: 43 Member
    Not focusing on the numbers on the scale is hard for me. When the number goes down or I do everything "perfect" according to my plan I feel good and participate. When I feel like the numbers aren't going down the way I would like them to, or I don't stay within my calorie limit or scrimp on exercise I tend to avoid the scale, disengage or avoid checking in with these challenges. I love that this group is made especially to combat those negative emotions and focus on what really matters in order to make realistic, life-long changes. I started off great last month, but I fell off after I had a few bad/pass days and it didn't help that I've been stuck on a long plateau for several weeks. I'm trying to look back and be incredibly proud that I've been eating reasonably well a majority of last month. Barring sick little ones, I have made lifting weights 3x a week a regular habit. I've started a new yoga class 1-2x a week that is also giving me added strength, flexibility and confidence. I know I'm building a stronger, leaner and healthier body, no matter what the scale says. So I'm going to just keep on trucking. I am going to stick with this group this month, no matter what!! I don't judge any of you guys for your pass days, I'm just amazed that you all keep checking in and supporting each other, no matter what life throws your way. I'm going to focus in May on being as kind to myself when things don't go "perfect" as I am to everyone else. It's difficult sometimes, but I know I can do it. And I'm worth it!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,953 Member
    htebyoj wrote: »
    Not focusing on the numbers on the scale is hard for me. When the number goes down or I do everything "perfect" according to my plan I feel good and participate. When I feel like the numbers aren't going down the way I would like them to, or I don't stay within my calorie limit or scrimp on exercise I tend to avoid the scale, disengage or avoid checking in with these challenges. I love that this group is made especially to combat those negative emotions and focus on what really matters in order to make realistic, life-long changes. I started off great last month, but I fell off after I had a few bad/pass days and it didn't help that I've been stuck on a long plateau for several weeks. I'm trying to look back and be incredibly proud that I've been eating reasonably well a majority of last month. Barring sick little ones, I have made lifting weights 3x a week a regular habit. I've started a new yoga class 1-2x a week that is also giving me added strength, flexibility and confidence. I know I'm building a stronger, leaner and healthier body, no matter what the scale says. So I'm going to just keep on trucking. I am going to stick with this group this month, no matter what!! I don't judge any of you guys for your pass days, I'm just amazed that you all keep checking in and supporting each other, no matter what life throws your way. I'm going to focus in May on being as kind to myself when things don't go "perfect" as I am to everyone else. It's difficult sometimes, but I know I can do it. And I'm worth it!!

@htebyoj
    This is a very important post filled with many key insights.
    No, it wasn’t easy to say I had Pass Days this month & last month.
    No, it wasn’t easy to be out of the Winner’s Circle just a month shy of 1 year of success.

But guess what? I’ve learned More in the past 2 months than the previous 11.

My motivation was wavering, some old eating habits were surfacing... I had a strong feeling of wanting to get back to my life, to pursue art, to have more fun...and yes, to just not have to think about it, track it, analyze my progress.

I had to dig deeply & be really honest with myself. A book I read helped greatly. Some people are NOW’s (never was overweight) @ those of us who lose are weight are POW’s (previously overweight.)

I had been acting like a NOW when I’m a POW. This helped A LOT. I have to put effort into this. Just as a Previous Alcoholic would have to do more than someone who never was.

UAC is THE answer. Daily habits that become ingrained & a group of folks who support, inspire, celebrate, and persevere.
    As a Recovering Perfectionist, it’s been an invaluable learning experience.

See you in the group!
    Maddie💕
    SW:228.3
    CW: 153.2 Maintenance 4/25/19
    1,215 days & counting
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Thanks for stopping by!

If you’re on the fence about joining another group, the UAC, the answer is YES!

You WILL find success losing AND more importantly Maintaining so you never have to starve your body again.

I recommend joining and committing in your mind for 3 months. It takes awhile to get the hang of it, simple as it seems! Three things: 20 mins of movement/exercise, under a calorie goal that you set for yourself, and track everything you consume. No weigh-ins. Just three habits & an awesome group of fellow travelers!

UAC has “saved me” countless times. And I know that’s what I need. Maybe you do, too? 😊
  • ForAmanda222
    ForAmanda222 Posts: 126 Member
    Reading these last couple of posts have bee really interesting- thank you for taking the time to write them - they really do help. I'm looking fwd to checking in end of day with my 3 outcomes achieved. I've had to plan some exercise/ movement as I have just been cal counting to date - just as it's my first week so keeping it achievable. I've decide to put an audible book on headphones and bomb round the house tidying up, mopping and hoovering it'll get the heart rate up if I work quick without rest for 2 mins x 2 for 1!! Fitness and a clean house x
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Reading these last couple of posts have bee really interesting- thank you for taking the time to write them - they really do help. I'm looking fwd to checking in end of day with my 3 outcomes achieved. I've had to plan some exercise/ movement as I have just been cal counting to date - just as it's my first week so keeping it achievable. I've decide to put an audible book on headphones and bomb round the house tidying up, mopping and hoovering it'll get the heart rate up if I work quick without rest for 2 mins x 2 for 1!! Fitness and a clean house x

@ForAmanda222 Welcome aboard!!
    I love your plan for exercise!! When I began my journey, I used major decluttering effort as my exercise, too! Kept me moving, gaining steps, and strengthening arms & back (especially lugging books!)

Do you have a Fitbit, Apple Watch or other fitness band? Things really improved for me when I got one.

Best,
    Maddie
  • ForAmanda222
    ForAmanda222 Posts: 126 Member

@ForAmanda222 Welcome aboard!!
    I love your plan for exercise!! When I began my journey, I used major decluttering effort as my exercise, too! Kept me moving, gaining steps, and strengthening arms & back (especially lugging books!)

Do you have a Fitbit, Apple Watch or other fitness band? Things really improved for me when I got one.

Best,
    Maddie

Hey thanks Maddie x was worried housework might not count really but have found "cleaning, light, moderate effort" in the exercise list which I reckon covers it nicely x lookin fwd to weught loss and a spotless house - I wouldn't have done the housework otherwise x i dont have a step tracker but it's a good idea....so I'll have a think about it. Thanks again!!
  • glouis1391
    glouis1391 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi,

I signed up for myfitnesspal today; I gained 26 lbs over the last 102 days (work/grad school/relationship stress). I have started the process of taking it off today.

Daily report of:
    1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise; - CHECK
    2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage - CHECK
    3) Consuming no more than your chosen limit of daily calories - CHECK
    4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above. - PLAN TO DO THIS

I'll fill out my profile more later on; I am welcoming friends to add me, along with anyone who wants to chat. Finding a workout partner is hard, and has been my excuse for a while. I am open to chatting about fitness, motivation, encouragement, etc.

Thanks guys, and have a great May!
  • Le4hD
    Le4hD Posts: 4 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I’m wanting to have a go at this but can’t seem to find where/how to record. I know I’m probably missing something obvious but could anyone help?
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    4LeafMint wrote: »
    Does anyone have a typical template to follow for this challenge?
    glouis1391 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Daily report of:
    1)More than 20 minutes of daily exercise; - CHECK
    4)Daily or every third day reporting of your fulfillment of the above. - PLAN TO DO THIS

I'll fill out my profile more later on; I am welcoming friends to add me, along with anyone who wants to chat. Finding a workout partner is hard, and has been my excuse for a while. I am open to chatting about fitness, motivation, encouragement, etc.

Thanks guys, and have a great May!
    Le4hD wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    I’m wanting to have a go at this but can’t seem to find where/how to record. I know I’m probably missing something obvious but could anyone help?
    1. Click on the link below. You will find yourself at the "Join Group" page for the the May Ultimate Accountability Challenge (we "reboot" at the start of each month)
    2. Join the May 2019 Ultimate Accountability Challenge Group
    3. Right at the top is a "What's On Your Mind?" sub-thread. This is our "general chat room" area - share recipes, motivation, encouragement, upcoming challenges etc. It is one thread for the entire month, so it is a good place for backing-and-forthing.
    4. Scroll down and you will see a list of dates. Click onDate you are reporting
    5. The top entry of every "day" is a list of The Big 3 questions. You can copy this if you wish, and put "yes/no" or "CHECK/NOPE" after the question - with or without additional detail ... or just put "3 X Yes", or something in-between. After a few days of scrolling and responding to others' entries, you will find yourself settling into what wording suits your personal style. You can also specify any particular special challenges or wins here if you wish ... but everyone moves on to report on the next thread the next day.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/132306-ultimate-accountability-challenge-may-2019

I will be checking the May Group Members to make sure you turned up!
  • BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    edited May 2019
    @glouis1391, @4LeafMint, @Le4hD and anyone I may have missed ... welcome to the best group at MFP. Glad you're here.
  • glouis1391
    glouis1391 Posts: 6 Member
    May 2 - Daily report of:
    1) More than 20 minutes of daily exercise; - CHECK

May 1 - 203.7 lbs
    May 2 - 199.0 lbs (assuming a lot of water came off here)

Will report back tomorrow. I hope everyone stays motivated into day 2 of this month. Reach out if you need to chat.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    glouis1391 wrote: »
    May 2 - Daily report of:
    1) More than 20 minutes of daily exercise; - CHECK

May 1 - 203.7 lbs
    May 2 - 199.0 lbs (assuming a lot of water came off here)

Will report back tomorrow. I hope everyone stays motivated into day 2 of this month. Reach out if you need to chat.

Hi @glouis1391
    Great job!
    If you scroll up a few posts, you’ll see instructions to join the UAC group!!