Inflammation is worse than I thought.

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,187 Member
    Options
    Interesting, thanks!

I need to read some of the underlying research.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Interesting, thanks!

I need to read some of the underlying research.

Great; I'm counting on folks with an appropriate background to digest the details.

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,403 Member
    Options
    Wow, interesting. I'm following this.
  • quatermore
    quatermore Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this extremely interesting article.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    It's been a fascinating research area I've been following along from the cheap seats along the sidelines for about a decade and a half.
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    There has been some research here in the UK about how sugar consumption aggravates asthma symptoms by creating an inflammatory response - I know myself that mine is worse after a lot (and I mean a lot) of sugar. Is this inflammation causal or an aggravating factor ? This article states that “Chronic inflammation is uniformly damaging and is absolutely causal to the process, because if you interfere with it, you can reverse the pathology.” I still have asthma, I just dont have these specific symptoms if I manage my sugar consumption.
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    This was an interesting read. Thanks!
  • liz0269
    liz0269 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That was fascinating. I have rheumatoid arthritis. Exercise is known to greatly improve symptoms - as is omega-3. Now I know why. I already try to exercise 2 hours a day. Now I will focus more on adding omega-3 to my diet. Thank you for sharing.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Low level chronic inflammation is an interesting idea. If you have ever had a significant injury (like say a back compression fracture) which takes months to heal you know that low level pain which eventually just you don't even realize is there. I can specifically remember taking some pain meds one time for it and thinking to myself. WOW. I didn't even know it was STILL there but the absence of it was remarkable.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,403 Member
    Options
    liz0269 wrote: »
    That was fascinating. I have rheumatoid arthritis. Exercise is known to greatly improve symptoms - as is omega-3. Now I know why. I already try to exercise 2 hours a day. Now I will focus more on adding omega-3 to my diet. Thank you for sharing.

Yeah, I might start as well. There's a lot of diabetes and coronary heart disease on my father's side of the family and all sorts of autoimmune disorders on my mom's side. I got the ai ones already and would rather stay with looks, rather than diseases from my dad to be honest.