extra skin

Options
About 3 years ago I lost over a 100 pds and now I'm noticing my skin is shrinking back. I guess this is what's happening because it's been coming off and I see the overall difference. Has this happened to anyone else? I read online that it doesn't happen and am talking to doctors about it because I don't know. I've been same weight so I think my body is just adjusting. I still have my stretch marks and stuff. The main thing is overall tightness and way things look.

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    yes it takes time for your skin to tighten back up. if it does, thank your parents and/or age as its mostly age and genetics :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,267 Member
    Options
    With a snaller weight loss (around 50 pounds), mine was shrinking at least well into year 2 of maintenance at age 60+. I frequently encourage people to be patient about this!
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    thanks all. I guess I should see it as a good but lately it seems like it's more extreme instead of subtle. I'll try and see as a positive, as annoying as it is
  • katarina005
    katarina005 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    With a snaller weight loss (around 50 pounds), mine was shrinking at least well into year 2 of maintenance at age 60+. I frequently encourage people to be patient about this!

Is there anything I should do to make the end results better or for myself in the meantime?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,267 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Is there anything I should do to make the end results better or for myself in the meantime?

I think there's nothing specific, but the generalities that lead to all-round health (which would include healthy skin) are your best bet: Well-rounded nutrition, a good exercise routine (strength training to foster good posture and support/fill out the skin structure; cardiovascular to encourage good circulation). That's just a guess at odds-influencing, though. Best wishes!