Looking for Help Getting abs

Options
So I understand abs start in the kitchen and I have been working on it and continue. I'm am getting to the point where I can see a 4 pack but my goal is to have fully defined abs. Does anyone have routines, video or app that helped you get the abs. I do understand BF% is a large factor and do not believe in 30 day abs or 5 min abs. Looking to work hard for the results I want. Currently a little under 15% bf and working to get closer to 10%.y2xe6xfw7vm3.jpg

Replies

• LongevityRob
    LongevityRob Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Post up your current strength training program, cardio program and diet.
  • David7881
    David7881 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Post up your current strength training program, cardio program and diet.

Not sure how to make it short but my diet is 1800 cal 20% carb 50% protein and 30% fat. Normally I hit closer to 1700, still trying to drop BF. My work outs consist of 3 cardio/abs days and then 4 days of lifting. Back/biceps, chest/triceps, shoulders/traps and leg day. Spend an hr to 2 hr max doing a mix of high rep low weight and heavy weight.
  • fitom80
    fitom80 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    @David7881 I would increase carbs at least to 30%(but better to 40+) and concentrate it prior to your strength training. I don't think you should rely on such big calc deficit in this phase of your muscle development.(don't know your exact weight and height) 1800 looks too low looking at your activities. It may stop your muscle building progress. 2hr is too much too...1hr should be enought.
    You also do not need to involve high reps for abs (more than 15), just add weight or change variation of excercise for more difficult.
  • David7881
    David7881 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    fitom80 wrote: »
    @David7881 I would increase carbs at least to 30%(but better to 40+) and concentrate it prior to your strength training. I don't think you should rely on such big calc deficit in this phase of your muscle development.(don't know your exact weight and height) 1800 looks too low looking at your activities. It may stop your muscle building progress. 2hr is too much too...1hr should be enought.
    You also do not need to involve high reps for abs (more than 15), just add weight or change variation of excercise for more difficult.
    I've been looking into changing my macros since I've gotten closer to my goal weight. Honestly 2 hrs is a slow day of lifting when theres alot of traffic in the gym.

Ok Sounds good. I will add weight to my abs routine. I've been focusing on reps vs weight on abs day.
  • kurtfox96
    kurtfox96 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello gentlemen I’ve been on and off training for years. Always fell of the wagon to go booze it up and dance the night away. I’ve got the generic dad bod if you say. But I’ve been training for 8 months now and only fell off the handle a few times but now I’m really committed to the cause. I’ve noticed my right side love handle is bigger than the other. I don’t think I’m lop sided my shoulders and lats are in line. I’m just wondering the best way to tackle this.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    kurtfox96 wrote: »
    Hello gentlemen I’ve been on and off training for years. Always fell of the wagon to go booze it up and dance the night away. I’ve got the generic dad bod if you say. But I’ve been training for 8 months now and only fell off the handle a few times but now I’m really committed to the cause. I’ve noticed my right side love handle is bigger than the other. I don’t think I’m lop sided my shoulders and lats are in line. I’m just wondering the best way to tackle this.

Welcome to the forums!

You might get better responses to your inquiry if you start your own thread rather than side-tracking this one. :)
  • AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I agree with @fitom80 that you need to up the carbs as well as calories. You can't gain muscle in a caloric deficit (not here to argue with anyone, maybe you can but negligible amounts). Many people think that it makes more sense to keep getting more and more lean when they really need to build muscle and do some body recomposition. I am a 5'-2" female and I am cutting at 1800 calories and maintain weight somewhere between 2200 and 2400, bulk up to 2800+ calories per day. Usually a 40/30/30 macro split. I didn't catch if you added your height and weight anywhere, but I am guessing you need to eat more than me to build muscle! I hope this helps!