Health, fitness and diet

Hi people are probably sick of my messages but hey we all here to learn. I want to learn everything about health, fitness and diet please teach me mfpers?

Replies

• echmain3
    echmain3 Posts: 231 Member
    edited April 2019
    Don’t overthink it. If you read too much you’ll just get confused. There are a LOT of conflicting opinions about all these subjects.

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Everything about health, fitness, and diet is more than any one of us have mastered.

Start learning. Continue learning. The more you learn, the more you know you don't know.
  • ashleygroizard
    ashleygroizard Posts: 181 Member
    echmain3 wrote: »
    Don’t overthink it. If you read too much you’ll just get confused. There are a LOT of conflicting opinions about all these subjects.
    True. Everyone seems to have there own opinions and everyone’s bodies are different so what might work for someone might not work for someone else
  • ashleygroizard
    Everything about health, fitness, and diet is more than any one of us have mastered.

Start learning. Continue learning. The more you learn, the more you know you don't know.

Thanks
  • Kiyomoo
    Kiyomoo Posts: 354 Member
    Do you have any questions that are more specific? What do you find most challenging about weight loss so far?
  • ashleygroizard
    Kiyomoo wrote: »
    Do you have any questions that are more specific? What do you find most challenging about weight loss so far?

I wanna learn how to get fit and toned and lose weight. I also wanna know what foods are filling and light and not much calories to eat without sugar for weight loss. I find weight loss challenging because it’s hard to know what to eat to lose weight. I seem to eat one piece of toast and one sandwich and sometimes a bit of chocolate or a piece of fruit or a muesli bar and lose weight but it’s okay because I don’t get that hungry no more. When I eat a bit more I maintain my weight. But I am 76.7kg and 175cm tall and I just want a great fit toned healthy body that’s small maybe 56-65 kgs. My exercise is fine I’m getting more then the recommended amount for an adult 150 minutes a week. I get 90-95minutes each walk 3-5times a week and extra walking because I don’t have a car so I walk and ride everywhere which is fantastic and I love not having a car. But I’m not sure how much I have to lose before I start toning up as I have a bit of a stomach still.
  • ashleygroizard
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Kiyomoo wrote: »

I wanna learn how to get fit and toned and lose weight. I also wanna know what foods are filling and light and not much calories to eat without sugar for weight loss. I find weight loss challenging because it’s hard to know what to eat to lose weight. I seem to eat one piece of toast and one sandwich and sometimes a bit of chocolate or a piece of fruit or a muesli bar and lose weight but it’s okay because I don’t get that hungry no more. When I eat a bit more I maintain my weight. But I am 76.7kg and 175cm tall and I just want a great fit toned healthy body that’s small maybe 56-65 kgs. My exercise is fine I’m getting more then the recommended amount for an adult 150 minutes a week. I get 90-95minutes each walk 3-5times a week and extra walking because I don’t have a car so I walk and ride everywhere which is fantastic and I love not having a car. But I’m not sure how much I have to lose before I start toning up as I have a bit of a stomach still.

All of those questions are answered in the various stickied threads that you've been referred to in the past.

However:
    - We can't tell you what foods you will find filling. Some people find protein filling, some people need carbs. Some people psychologically need low-density foods that fill the bowl, others are more satisfied with small portions packed with flavour. The only one who knows which you are, is you.
    - There is no need to avoid sugar.
    - You can eat anything you like and lose weight, as long as you are eating fewer calories than you are expending in metabolic functions and exercise.
    - If you put your stats into MFP, set a 0.5 lb rate of loss, and track your food and exercise, it will basically do all the above for you.
    - You won't get a fit, toned, healthy body at 56 kg, because that would be underweight. You could get a fit, toned, healthy body at your current weight, because you're pretty much at the healthy range as it is.
    - Most women who aren't airbrushed, elite athletes or fashion models have a bit of a stomach. It's where we keep our uterus. There's a whole thread on the subject that you might find useful :)
    - Start toning up now. Why would you wait?

Thank you so much. That’s sums it all up for me. Great answer. Look I’m really sorry about before and I hope you can forgive me but if not I understand. I wish you happiness and a good life. I hope you don’t go thru the struggles you’ve been through again. I really wish you peace and happiness. I suppose I’m not meant to be a model. Which is a shame because the models are beautiful. I have been trying to tone up by walking by holding my stomach in and bike riding that I’ve just started doing. Maybe I might try get back into crunches if I can to try and tone up. Thank you for your post I really do appreciate it beautiful. I may have unrealistic expectations for my body which I need to accept that my expectations are probably not achievable. Thanks for sharing

Don't worry about before. If you're anything like me, you have a tendency to chew on and worry about things where everyone else has moved on; so, I felt bad for a bit, then I felt better, today is a new day, I'm not still hurt or angry, you and I are OK. OK? :)

Other people know far more about toning than I do, but I gather that it's better to follow some kind of structured weight training or bodyweight programme than just adding in some crunches. Or if you want to start slow and find your way around a bit before you even think about a gym, I found DAREBEE really good for finding workouts that fit whatever your specific needs are.

I think most people have unachievable expectations at some point in life. That's a way in which I'm lucky; my history of depression and morbid obesity means that just by sitting here in a normal-sized body feeling relatively neutral about life, I am already exceeding anything I ever thought I would achieve. It makes it easier to ground myself when I start to sulk about having weak arms or losing fat from my breasts and not my thighs :)

Yeah cool that good we are okay. Thank you. Thanks I’ll have a look at darebee.com. That’s great that you’ve maintained a normal size body. Well done. That’s what I want to do as well if I can work out how to do that. Thanks again for your post
  • egbert2016
    egbert2016 Posts: 37 Member
    It sounds to me like you might benefit from strength training. There are two books that I would recommend you read....
    Thinner, Leaner, Stronger. New Rules of Lifting for Women. Both are available on amazon. Both are geared toward women specifically. I promise, you will learn a lot about health, fitness and diet from these books!
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Pretty much sums up what I consider the best advice I've been given:

l5iqxckdqkn0.gif

I actually base my business on this exactly, "Eat, Sleep, Play". As a Nutitional Therapist, my focus is of course on Nutrition and appropriate supplementation, but sleep and moving your body are just as important. I personally believe that overall health is best when addressed through a holistic approach, meaning that you need to focus on the whole person, not just individual symptoms (and yes, I consider being overweight a symptom of a larger issue).

That said, I don't think anyone here is going to be able to teach you what you are looking to learn. I spent a lot of time in school to get my certification, not to mention hours and hours of continuing education classes, reading books, and also different information out there on the great world wide web. If you really do want to learn, I'd recommend starting with a book on a health subject that interests you, and then go from there.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Search the web. There is plenty of reliable information on various sites. You may need to do some work yourself.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,099 Member
    Googles free....