THIS is what a serving of pasta looks like...

Options
12345679»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Here are some more pasta and veg recipes:

Cabbage Balushka (Cabbage and Noodles) is Hungarian, and I have made it, and we liked it: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/220717/cabbage-balushka-or-cabbage-and-noodles/

Was going to make Cottage Noodles and Cabbage tonight but didn't have as much cabbage as I thought. Is probably some sort of Eastern European traditional dish as I see references to Polish and Ukrainian grandmothers having made the same. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/24358/cottage-noodles-and-cabbage/
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    I am Polish. The first dish we make is with wide noodles like pappardelle and cabbage and we call it "lazanki".
    The second dish we make it with spaghetti and cottage cheese. Stupid easy to make as its only really prep the noodles and mix in cottage cheese. I dont think that actually has a name.

I finally made Cottage Noodles and Cabbage tonight. Added kielbasa and called it a meal rather than a side. I really liked it!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    zx3hdjaoa4qq.png
    My dinner last night. One serving (60 calories) of low calorie pasta a bigger serving than regular pasta. I do not miss regular higher calorie pasta. I would rather have a large bowl or plate! I have been buying this ever since I saw it posted about on these forums.
    Looks yummy. Can you share the recipe?

• Dandelie
    Dandelie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Replace pasta with spaghetti squash and get TONS more for one serving!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    trisH_7183 wrote: »
    zx3hdjaoa4qq.png
    My dinner last night. One serving (60 calories) of low calorie pasta a bigger serving than regular pasta. I do not miss regular higher calorie pasta. I would rather have a large bowl or plate! I have been buying this ever since I saw it posted about on these forums.
    Looks yummy. Can you share the recipe?

No recipe! Just pasta topped with herb butter and grilled chicken!

Thank you.I also prefer real pasta.Red sauce isn't a fav,so,not a problem.

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    zx3hdjaoa4qq.png

I’d love to know what kind of low calorie noodles those are please.
    Dandelie wrote: »
    Replace pasta with spaghetti squash and get TONS more for one serving!

Yup so good. I prefer zucchini and squash, I enjoy the sweetness more.
  • magpye76
    magpye76 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I house sat for my mum last weekend and she only had quick cook fusilli twists in her cupboard. Not only do they cook quicker as they're much thinner, but they look like loads more on the plate!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    a82zvurl0uhy.jpg
    I could't resist! I'm leaving for the States tomorrow morning--no internet on the farm in Minnesota. My husband is telling me all the foods I'll be missing while gone.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Does he think there are no mussels in the States? Fresh mussels are the least expensive shellfish item in the seafood case at Krogers in Cincinnati. Fix them with butter and garlic regularly.