Do you not think that you're as fat as you are...

Options
2»

Replies

• meljoemom
    meljoemom Posts: 118 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @davemacdonald31 So you were a disciplined hockey player. You practiced every day and worked hard. Find that discipline again and apply it to YOUR HEALTH. Work with your family to make the right choices. My hubby is on my bandwagon and coming along for the ride. I found Skinnytaste.com for AWESOME tasty recipes made for any diet and tool, and have gotten active on the 'Just Give Me 10 Days' thread... The accountability helps. I have a friend working hard for her kicka$$ body, too, so we text each other daily what we did or didn't do and how we are doing. Discipline and accountability/Calories In-Calories Out. Everyone has their own way of doing things and I'm not slamming anyone, but I don't have time to figure out exact amount of carbs/ratios or want something on my body that counts my every step, sleep and bowel movements. I am just trying to eat things that are good for me in smaller portions. And if I want something that is bad for me, stick to really small portions. And it's working. Figure out what works for you and do it.. and don't give up your progress for anything.. until you are where you want to be. It's not about motivation because that comes and goes... find the discipline you had as a pro hockey player MacDonald! Instead of minding the net, mind your calories! Or better yet, do both! Serious exercise and watching cals at the same time will rock!

Shari
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I knew I was fat. I even referred to myself as fat, which always seemed super uncomfortable to my people.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Being totally honest about how big you are is the first step to doing something about it. I too would look at myself and think " I don't look that fat" then see a picture and be horrified.

We are all here to make changes. You can too. :)
  • davemacdonald31
    davemacdonald31 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way!!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think it is necessarily a bad thing to feel less than what you actually weigh. My husband was the same way at his old job - he has always been a very active person, and does quite a bit for his size. I personally see it as a little bit of a confidence thing - or it could denial, I guess depending on how you look at it..haha

Best of luck in your journey! You've got this!