Your favourite protein powders? Other proteins?

My diet coach, who I unfortunately need to stop seeing soon due to moving and finances, suggested that I look into plant based, low carb protein powders in order to keep up my protein while I continue trying to lose weight (I have 20lbs to go until my goal weight!), because a protein-focused diet has really seemed to agree with my weight loss but I won't be able to access the clinic's foods anymore. She suggested Vega, but I wanted to hear other opinions as well. Likewise, what are your favourite low carb, low fat, natural proteins? I'm seeing a lot of fish in my future!

If it makes any difference, I'm a Canadian with access to Amazon haha

Replies

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    We use Vega at home. I like it, doesn't taste weird.

Fish yes, but chicken also.
  • Copaiba
    Copaiba Posts: 75 Member
    I always liked Garden of Life Raw organic protein. They’ve changed the formula over the years and it’s still good. Haven’t tried Vega but always more expensive.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Hate most protein powders but i am able to tolerate it by adding cinnamon to it.
  • fuzzylop_
    fuzzylop_ Posts: 100 Member
    edited May 2019
    In terms of taste, my preferences (in order) are livwell (coconut only, cacao is awful, and vanilla isn't great), orgain (not really low carb), and then vega. Unfortunately, livwell isn't available in retain stores that I've seen (and it's expensive). I think you should get protein from food if possible, though, and use protein powders only as a last resort.
  • ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Amazing Grass is a small, indenpendent company and they are very Earth-conscious. Their powders are wonderful, without heavy metals. I highly recommend.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    I like to eat my protein personally, but, there are even some online companies that will make you your own flavors and blends.
  • rodmelching
    rodmelching Posts: 67 Member
    @blackforesttea . . there is a lot of good choices out there. I didn't like the taste of Vega, too fake sweetener tasting for me but that is a personal preference. I like Orgain Organic Protein from Amazon in vanilla bean flavor. My go to recipe is banana, 2c spinich, 1/2c frozen strawberries, 1/4c frozen rasberries and two scopes of hemp hearts. Seems like it sticks with me till lunch. Good luck!
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 247 Member
    I like Sunwarrior
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,829 Member
    I have not used a lot, so I do not have much to compare to. But I liked the Quest nutrition label so that is what I have used over the past couple months. I have used the vanilla and the chocolate and I just got in the Salted caramel, but have yet to try. Curious if anyone else has feedback on Quest.
  • MrsTitus2
    MrsTitus2 Posts: 61 Member
    Unflavored isopure
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Kaizen naturals vanilla is awesome! Straight from Winnipeg ;)
  • Irish_Walker
    Irish_Walker Posts: 6 Member
    I drink an Owyn protein shake after my weight training sessions.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I don’t know if it is low carb but I love Bob’s Red Mill Vanilla Protein Powder. It is Vegan and has fiber and tastes good.
  • azucenaramirez31
    azucenaramirez31 Posts: 1 Member
    I love Vega salted Caramel !
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    I Love Sun Warrior and have been using it for years. I also like NOW Plant Protein complex, Plant Fusion Lean, Phood, Sunflower protein, NOW pea protein, Naturade Veg Booster :)