Phirrgus wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    kgeyser wrote: »
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    kgeyser wrote: »

I read the OP the same way you did, and that the "terrorizing" was tongue-in-cheek based on the odd reaction from the server at being asked to put less in the cup.

It can be hard to ascertain tone in a written post, true. But OP's overly-dramatic language ("internal gibbering", "watch in horror", etc.) and her assertion that she "just had to share" does make it seem as if she's somehow proud of herself for prevailing upon a clearly-distressed server to get what she wanted.

To the OP - next time, maybe get a small cup to share with your husband and just have the couple of bites you want, rather than causing a scene? :)

I didn't read that as "I'm proud that I upset someone,"

I totally did. I thought that was the point of OP posting and am rather shocked it's OK with TPTB.

Maybe your version isn't the moderators' version of the post.

(Sorry, huge pet peeve of mine. Just because a person sees something one way doesn't mean it's actually that way.)
    That's true, and at this point it doesn't seem the OP is going to jump back in to clarify. In the scheme of things it's not a hugely important issue unless the reader has been in a customer facing position and had that kind of experience. I've been customer facing for over 20 years and some encounters can be quite jarring.

Then again, to play the devil's advocate here, "Freak out" to the OP may simply be an expression meaning nothing more than exasperated. We'll likely never know. :)

All that said, I now want a cup of gelato, or a chocolate fix. That would be good too...

Another pet peeve. COME BACK, OP!!!! :)

The gelato in the pics looked good but I've never tried it mostly because it's more calorific(?) than what I normally eat and I like to shave calories off where I can.
    I always envision the OPs of many threads lurking after they post and just having a good chuckle at what they started :D

I've never tried gelato, but those pics and my weak will towards desserts lol...things may not be looking good for my daily allowance sometime soon lol. It's usually Halo top, or once a month small sundae, extra hot fudge mind you..but gelato just sounds tasty, ya know? :)

Gelato tends to have less air whipped into it than a typical American ice cream, it's a bit denser. So it comes off as richer, pretty similar to a "premium" ice cream, and is similar calories to premium ice cream. The Talenti gelatos average to about 200 cals per serving (which is a typical half cup). For me, the draw of ice cream/gelato/etc is the texture and richness, so it's totally worth making room for some Talenti or Haagen Dazs every once and awhile :smiley:

Plus it's Italiano, so mangia!

Frozen custard is similar. You can usually expect 225-250 calories per 1/2 cup serving.