Which type of yoga pose is the best for weight loss?

4zit6q55wgn1.png

Have you idea enough about this subject. I mean, most of the people known yoga is the best practice for weight loss. Now question is which type of yoga pose is the best for weight loss.

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Handstand and armstand poses are rhe best for weight loss because you can't eat while doing them..

Ha! I was thinking along the lines of retreating into a cave in the wilderness without food, and meditating for weeks.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    4zit6q55wgn1.png

Have you idea enough about this subject. I mean, most of the people known yoga is the best practice for weight loss. Now question is which type of yoga pose is the best for weight loss.

It doesn't work that way (or we would all be thin).

Yoga can help people reduce stress and perhaps get a better night's sleep. This can help with weight loss because less stress is good.

Yoga can help with flexibility, range of motion and balance. Feeling good allows you to (encourages you to) move more. Moving more is good.

Yoga is not a big calorie burner, but the time spent doing yoga is time you don't spend eating (or thinking about) food.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Probably the one where you're not holding pizza and beers above your head.

As long as you keep them above your head, they won't cause you to gain body fat.

yeah... but, well.... Gravity
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    TeaBea wrote: »
    4zit6q55wgn1.png

Yoga can help people reduce stress and perhaps get a better night's sleep. This can help with weight loss because less stress is good.

Yoga can help with flexibility, range of motion and balance. Feeling good allows you to (encourages you to) move more. Moving more is good.

Yoga is not a big calorie burner, but the time spent doing yoga is time you don't spend eating (or thinking about) food.

OP, with apologies for making jokes at Motorsheen on your thread: I think the above is a great, true answer. Props to TeaBea.

Yoga is a wonderful thing for our bodies. It can play a very helpful role in our weight loss: Stress reduction, mild calorie-burning, flexibility that helps our energy level and performance of other forms of exercise, body awareness, improved insight into how what we eat affects our physicality, and more.

Well-thought-out yoga routines (not just individual asanas) can build agility, ease, and have other benefits, in ways that people who don't practice regularly will never quite imagine.

That said, there's really no "magic asana", I'm convinced. Finding a path to nutritious, calorie-appropriate eating is the core issue . . . and the calorie part is the main thing, for weight management. Yoga can help you, but most of us need more than yoga, and many succeed without yoga at all (their loss ;) ).

Best wishes!

P.S., same for Chi Kung, Tai Chi, etc. Help in subtle but potentially influential (for some) ways, but no magic, sadly.
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    The pose that helps you stay in a calorie deficit.
  • jonaseva5252
    jonaseva5252 Posts: 26 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    Why do you think yoga is great for weight loss?

Because there are so much benefits than others exercise ways. Such as Easy to use, no need enough strength, Increased flexibility, Increased muscle strength and tone, Improved respiration, energy and vitality, Maintaining a balanced metabolism Weight reduction, Cardio and circulatory health, Improved athletic performance, Protection from injury.
  • jonaseva5252
    4zit6q55wgn1.png

Yes man, You're right. Thanks a lot for giving this answers.
  • jonaseva5252
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    4zit6q55wgn1.png

OP, with apologies for making jokes at Motorsheen on your thread: I think the above is a great, true answer. Props to TeaBea.

Yoga is a wonderful thing for our bodies. It can play a very helpful role in our weight loss: Stress reduction, mild calorie-burning, flexibility that helps our energy level and performance of other forms of exercise, body awareness, improved insight into how what we eat affects our physicality, and more.

Well-thought-out yoga routines (not just individual asanas) can build agility, ease, and have other benefits, in ways that people who don't practice regularly will never quite imagine.

That said, there's really no "magic asana", I'm convinced. Finding a path to nutritious, calorie-appropriate eating is the core issue . . . and the calorie part is the main thing, for weight management. Yoga can help you, but most of us need more than yoga, and many succeed without yoga at all (their loss ;) ).

Best wishes!

P.S., same for Chi Kung, Tai Chi, etc. Help in subtle but potentially influential (for some) ways, but no magic, sadly.

wow!, It was a great content. Thanks a lot for giving this reply from where I got the main points that exactly help me so much.
  • jonaseva5252
    Kathryn247 wrote: »
    The pose that helps you stay in a calorie deficit.

Yeap
  • pcarr1961
    pcarr1961 Posts: 2 Member
    I did a dvd program called Hardbody yoga (Tari Rose) that really got me started. Not sure what the yoga purists think but it did tone me up and I dropped some pounds in the process
  • jonaseva5252
    @pcarr1961 thanks for your response. :)