Does anyone have mini-goals within their GOAL?

Options

Replies

• CMTellef
    CMTellef Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started at 350 and I am now down to 255. I have started to plateau so now every pound and every day is my mini goal.
  • 1der_Nana
    Options
    I'm 19 days in, I've lost 10 pounds and am below 200 lbs for the first time in almost two years. I'm super excited that I've reached my first mini-goal.

It's been 19 days since I've had fast-food, fried foods, desserts, sodas (diet coke was my one and only addiction) and eating reduced-cal/carb meals. Not craving any of it and feeling great!

I broke down my goals into 4 stages:

#0 Start Diet (Weight: 210-215lbs.) - ACHIEVED July/26/2013
    #1 Get Below 200lbs. - ACHIEVED (Currently 199 lbs., BMI 32.6, obese) - Aug/14/2013
    #2 No longer obese 180lbs. (BMI 29.5, overweight)
    #3 No longer overweight 150lbs. (BMI 24.6, normal)
    #4 Goal Weight 120lbs. (BMI 19.7, normal) READY FOR BABY MAKING!!!

I've been in the 205-215 range for about 2 years, I'm so happy!!!
    I'm starting to wear clothes that haven't fit me for a couple of years!!!

Anyone else doing mini-goals?

Awesome! Well done on your consistent fat loss, luv! :flowerforyou:

As for myself, I too, have mini goals within my goal.
    One of them is to enjoy a healthy 180 by the end of the month. As a reward, I get to run in my tutu on the SuperHero 5K run! :bigsmile:

Cheers!

Nana

Xx
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    #1 To lose 50 pounds. (I have 18 to go.)

#2 To lose 50 pounds.

#3 To lose 50 pounds.

#4 To maintain my healthy weight, and to run a mile without stopping!

Next Summer I am going on a cruise with my family and some friends. So I want to see if I can reach my goal by then.

After I have maintained my healthy weight for three months I am getting a boob lift with augmentation. Mainly to repair a scar, but also not wanting to have to roll the girls up to get them into a bra after losing 150 pounds.
  • Epratt42034
    Epratt42034 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    First off congratulations on being under 200! my goals are :
    get to 150 (pre-marriage weight)
    then get to 125 (high school weight)

the last one might be a pipe dream but I feel I was at my healthiest then :)
  • SuperHero_Girl
    SuperHero_Girl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I feel like, without mini-goals in place, it's hard to want to stay motivated. My first mini-goal was to lose 25 pounds, which I accomplished in October last year, and rewarded myself with getting my nose pierced. I fell of the wagon due to losing my job in November and gained back some weight, but I recently hit 25 pounds down again and feel like I am again worthy of having my nose pierced, (never took it out in the first place). Next mini-goal is to hit 50 pounds lost and, in an effort to have my husband try and help me, I actually gave him a reward and told him I would allow him to pick out a dress for me and I would agree to wear it, (I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal). Following that, I'd like to reach Onederland, (though I don't have a reward picked for that), then hit 75 pounds lost and reward both myself and my husband by getting some lingerie.

I also have goals for 100 pounds lost and hitting initial goal weight of 120 pounds lost but haven't thought ahead that much to pick out rewards for them. At 120 pounds lost, I need to re-evaluate and see if I feel comfortable at that weight or if I should follow bariatric advice and aim for for an end weight of 120-130 pounds, (I have rather wide hips and, looking back at my high school weight of 135 pounds I feel like I look too thin and sickly).

I never thought to consider mini-goals of going from being considered obese to overweight and then from overweight to normal, I may have to incorporate that.

Lastly, I internally cheer each time I hit the next 10 pound increment, (like going from the 240's to the 230's).
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Following that, I'd like to reach Onederland, (though I don't have a reward picked for that), then hit 75 pounds lost and reward both myself and my husband by getting some lingerie.

Loving this! Maybe that'll motivate my hubby to invite me along on his daily workouts! He's super active, it puts me to shame! But, that's his alone time and I don't want to mess with that, (unless he's motivated enough to invite me along)!
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Great charity...go...run
    As a reward, I get to run in my tutu on the SuperHero 5K run! :bigsmile:
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Most of mine are centered around things I can do that will help me make the lifestyle change. I started with 1 and then after I felt I could incorporate it faithfully I added another new goal. Here are the ones I have so far.....

1) 3-5 fruits/veggies each day
    2) regular portions (I used to eat 3 portions of each food at every meal)
    3) activity outside of daily life 4-6 times a week
    4) try new foods (this one is really hard for me as I assume things taste bad before giving them a chance)

I love the fact that your goals are things you have to do. My body does not always let go of weight even when I do everything right.(hypothyroid and having dosage issues) So setting goals that I need to do helps me much more.
  • dazzer1975
    dazzer1975 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Where are you planning on going camping? My son will be a boy scout in 2014 and I hope the weight loss will help so I can participate in some of his hiking trips. Good luck!

Sorry I missed this, I don't know if you can set an alert if someone replies to you but I never receive an alert...anyway lol

I am in the U.K. so have a trip to Scotland planned, but in time am hoping I will be wild camping all over England, wales and Scotland (I am not an international jet setter so will probably always be those countries) focusing on the national parks like the Lakes, dartmoor, yorkshire dales etc.

But Scotland is where my heart is, so that place will be my "goto" area.

Fingers crossed i will hit my goal before xmas as I am itching to get gone.

Good luck to you too, that will be awesome motivation to spend more time with your son on his hiking adventures
  • Giovanna_Isabella_Santarelli
    Options
    bump for later...
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I have goal #1 to move from obese to overweight, which I have done, goal #2 to move from overweight to normal, which I am working on now, and goal #3 to reach my final goal weight.
  • MrBecky
    MrBecky Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My goals:

1. Lose half a stone - DONE!
    2. Lose a stone - 6lbs to go
    2. Get to pre-pregnancy weight of 173lbs - 18lbs to go
    3. Get to a healthy BMI of 164lbs - 27lbs to go
    4. Get to ultimate goal weight of 150lbs - 141lbs
  • emser81
    emser81 Posts: 2
    Options
    Mini goals are great, gotta love reasons to celebrate on the journey. Mine are:

1. Get into pre pregnancy jeans - achieved this week!!
    2. Get down to weight i was when i got pregnant, 164lbs - 7 lbs to go
    3. Go from overweight to healthy weight on BMI - 12lbs to go
    4. Get into a beautiful dress i wore on my anniversary a few years ago - haven't tried it on since having my son so no idea how far away i am from achieving this one.
    5. Get to ultimate goal weight of 147lbs - not sure i'll ever get there but a girl's got to dream!!
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I actually don't have big goal and have been setting samll ones as I go. My first was to loose 30 lbs by November but as I get closer I changed it to 40. I have a goal to walk 30 miles per month and to work out 6 days a week. Also have a goal to fit into a few clothes items that I haven't worn in years!
  • emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm like you and getting below 200 is my first mini-goal. Even though that's still another 27+ pounds away, but I'm 2 weeks into the T25 workouts and I feel positive I will reach this goal by Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is also a little time goal of mine because my sister and her husband are coming from AZ for the holiday and my sis is also working hard to lose weight.
  • cynthiadmail
    cynthiadmail Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bumpty Bump Bump !!:wink:
  • mjjhorto
    mjjhorto Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do 5 pounds at a time.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    My mini goal is to lose one pound. When I do that, I'll focus on the next pound.
  • Eastern_Echo23
    Eastern_Echo23 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i have small daily goals such as:
    drink 8-12 glasses of water per day
    eat 6 servings of fruits and veggies
    walk at least 30 minutes of day..

if i do this for the entire week I give myself an award such as an ice cream cone or a bottle of coke or something... i think rewards and small realistic goals are awesome motivators...

i also have goals such as "Lose 5 pounds", 'Lose 10 Pounds"... because if i say "Lose 100 pounds" right off the bat it might seem impossible or unreachable... so the small weight goals are a good way to go as well.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    What a great thread to come across...exactly what I've been searching for ....I used to break down what mini goals I wanted to focus on and use that on my ticker rather than the full amount.:cry:

Then I changed back my ticker to reflect weight lost..now that I want to do the mini goals on my ticker again...for the life of me I can't recall which tab to click and set it up that way.

HELP?

This thread has been incredibly inspiring...

Also If anyone is interested in goal setting weekly, there's a group for it. I moderate a weekly mini goal group and there are some really awesome dedicated women in it. Anyone is welcome of course but as of now we are small group and we all happen to be women.:tongue:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/625-mini-goal-one-week-challenge

EDIT: Found it under apps... :bigsmile: