Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Want to lose weight faster, not count portions and eat until you feel full?

Options
Dilvish
Dilvish Posts: 398 Member
The science/studies prove it. If you read this article in it's entirety you will see that a Keto/low carb high fat diet is the clear winner... perhaps this article alone can help you win the battle against unwanted pounds...

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets

Replies

• zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    Dilvish wrote: »
    The science/studies prove it. If you read this article in it's entirety you will see that a Keto/low carb high fat diet is the clear winner... perhaps this article alone can help you win the battle against unwanted pounds...

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/23-studies-on-low-carb-and-low-fat-diets
    I gave you a woo for multiple reasons. Yes, I did read the entire article.

1. Multiple assertions that the high carb groups were calorie restricted, but no mentions of how many calories the high fat group was eating. It might well have been fewer calories.
    2. No mention of the several lbs of water weight lots of folks initially lose when beginning keto.
    3. High carb is not synonymous with low fat. I eat plenty of both carbs and fats.

The exclusion of those bits calls the credibility into question for me.

Caloric intake does matter.

Yeah I went lower carb last month (above keto levels), and I lost 7lbs in a couple weeks. I'm already a lower weight though and it's just not physically possible that I lost a significant amount of fat in that time. Most of it had to be water whoosh. If I started eating a higher carb woe again most of it, if not all of it, would come right back.

This discussion has been closed.