Looking for Keto/ Low Carb Friends

Hi! Long story short I did Keto about 5 years ago and got to the most fit I have ever been. I had surgery to remove the excess skin on my arms and stomach and gained about 20lbs back. I am doing Keto again to get that weight gone for good. Im looking for some supportive friends who are doing keto or low carb.

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    @VictoriaHazelwood I have been doing Keto since Oct 2014 by eating 50 or less grams of carbs most of the time. For pain management I did cut out all foods containing any sweeteners and or any form of any grain so that makes Keto pretty easy in my case. I only track by weighing from time to time and basically eat all that I now want. I have maintained a 50 pound weight loss for four years now. At the age of 68 I know someday I may forget how to count so I don't do it in my case. With better health and health markers at 68 than at 38 the Way Of Eating is a low brainer for me. Best of continued success since you know Keto works if we work it. :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    You might want to check out the Low Carber Forum:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum
  • Krisydee
    Krisydee Posts: 100 Member
    Hi! Long story short I did Keto about 5 years ago and got to the most fit I have ever been. I had surgery to remove the excess skin on my arms and stomach and gained about 20lbs back. I am doing Keto again to get that weight gone for good. Im looking for some supportive friends who are doing keto or low carb.

Me!!! Will add you!
  • amayk
    amayk Posts: 42 Member
    Been living keto/low carb for 9 years now. Add if you like :)
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    I have been doing it for about 6 months. Feel free to add!
  • Cetrouble
    Cetrouble Posts: 2 Member
    Me! I just started doing keto.
  • c4muzik
    c4muzik Posts: 3 Member
    I’ve done whole 30 and lost 20 pounds but just to gain it all back. Fell of the wagon and hard!! I’m getting on this now and I am getting this done. Feel free to add me as well! It’s so hard to diet when everyone around you is eating the good stuff. Makes it that much harder to stay on a program. How do you like Keto?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,952 Member
    I am a keto'er and I also do IF....you are welcome to add me :)
  • samuelsson
    samuelsson Posts: 74 Member
    Hey there! I first did keto in 2013 and lost ~70 pounds -- but then I got sick 2 years ago and gained it all back.....AND MORE. So! Now I'm re-committed to keto again and would love to have some fellow keto friends. Would love to make new friends with everyone on this thread! :)
  • amock122910
    amock122910 Posts: 2 Member
    would love a few KETO friends too!
  • Krisydee
    Krisydee Posts: 100 Member
    I am a keto'er and I also do IF....you are welcome to add me :)

Adding you! About to incorporate IF myself sometime this week. Been watching lots of Thomas delauer on Youtube as well. Seems a lot of people are confused about what Keto really is ans how it's done.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Looking for keto/low carb friends who have an open diary as well! I will add you and Anyone who’s low carb please feel free to add me.
  • rogermedic71
    rogermedic71 Posts: 19 Member
    Started a KETO/low carb lifestyle January 1st. I’m down 35 lbs since and feel so much better generally. I can’t quite get to KETO numbers, but my carbs are usually around 10% of my calories. I’ve been losing and gaining the same 30 lbs for the last 10 years. Determined to make this a life-long commitment.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    @samuelsson What kind of sick? Was it related to your nutrition?
  • OllieRose126
    OllieRose126 Posts: 19 Member
    Started IF and Keto 2 months ago and have lost 26lbs. I started tracking my food again yesterday. Truly, the only thing that has ever worked for me has been limiting carbs and removing added and artificial sugars. I have an open diary for friends.
  • AbbieOffman
    AbbieOffman Posts: 165 Member
    Doing the Keto thing. Add me if you want :)
  • AimeeLGosse
    AimeeLGosse Posts: 24 Member
    I eat a very low carb keto! I'm a diabetic, but control it with diet and exercise. No medication. The primary carbs I eat are fruits (extremely limited), vegetables, and nuts. I have dairy goats and make our cheese and yogurt, but only in small amounts. I have lost over 40 pounds and want to lose about 40 more. I am working so hard....would love a keto friend! My diary is open :)
  • AimeeLGosse
    It’s so hard to diet when everyone around you is eating the good stuff. Makes it that much harder to stay on a program.

Honestly, I had to relearn what the "good stuff" really is!! Now, after five years, I see a beautiful bowl of fruit salad and I feel like a queen! You really are not missing out when you eat properly... your body just has to readjust, after the falsified "good stuff" out there. Best of luck! :)
  • AimeeLGosse
    Sorry, the beginning of my previous message I was quoting c4muzic but I did it wrong!
  • hanielrefai
    hanielrefai Posts: 3 Member
    Add Me, I'm looking for keto buddies. I'm 95 days on keto. Lost 36 pounds.