Does anyone else hate running with earplug headphones?

I'm looking for a Bluetooth version of the standard in-ear headphones, similar to the ones that came with my Samsung phone. I can't find a pair like that (although that's exactly what the airport are like, but I have an Android.)

PS Running with the earplug style sucks every step sounds like someone is banging on a base drum!

Replies

• LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Try searching Amazon for over ear bluetooth headphones. They definitely have some on there at decent prices and great reviews. I have experienced the drum effect with my AirPods, but only when I forget to take out my earrings. Maybe it’s something like that for you as well?
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    I believe Samsung has some that are similar to the crApple ones. I have not tried them. After trying just about every brand out there (even bought BO$E :# ) I finally found something I really like. Aftershockz. Instead of fighting to keep them in my ear these ride in front of your ear. They sound decent, stay in place, and allow me to hear other things (like dogs, cars, and even conversations).
  • dmanakho
    dmanakho Posts: 143 Member
    I hate running... :blush::s
  • Domonicdave
    Domonicdave Posts: 5 Member
    Don’t torch me, but i love the AirPods. Easy, they stay in place, and i really like the ability to tap to pause the music.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    I have the Aftershockz bone conduction headphones. They don't seem to bounce around and I like being able to hear. They are not exactly what you are describing, but I don't get any drum effect.
  • Scarlettriestorun
    Scarlettriestorun Posts: 40 Member
    I use cans
  • eromligyppah
    eromligyppah Posts: 112 Member
    Aftershockz! I run with them all the time and love them.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    i just don't run with music. :)
    problem solved

Same
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Hmmm. Aftershokz, you say?

BTW: Airpods are open ear headphones. They sit in the ear, but they don't totally block the canal.

Another problem with the earplug style is that they pop sometimes if you wiggle your ears (which I do).
  • gakmt
    gakmt Posts: 8 Member
    I can't stand the earbuds in my ears. I have tried numerous types of these bletooth headsets and nothing compares to the Aftersokx Trex Air.

Here is a link
  • kellycz
    kellycz Posts: 57 Member
    Don’t torch me, but i love the AirPods. Easy, they stay in place, and i really like the ability to tap to pause the music.
    Same. I must have music when I run. Previously tried Kronies wireless ear buds, and they wouldn’t stay in place. Been using my AirPods for 7 months now with great success.
  • Lenala13
    Lenala13 Posts: 152 Member
    I have aftershokz. They stay on pretty good and allow me to hear the music and also allow me to hear traffic/ambient noise, since they don’t cover the ear, so they work pretty well for running and biking.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I have Plantronics BackBeat FIT wireless. You don't shove them into your ear, the part that holds them sits over your ear. I love the battery life and the fact that they don't cancel all sound outside. When I decided to buy them upon recommendation, some Amazon reviews complained that they bounce on their neck, but this has not been my experience because I'm not exceptionally bouncy when I run, so that's something to consider. I have to say they're the most comfortable headphones I have ever owned.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    I have Plantronics BackBeat FIT wireless.

Costco had them for only $50 for a while and I almost bought them. But I noticed that the review on Amazon wasn't that great. I think it shows how personal the choice of headphones is. People seem to like different models. I ended up getting the Anker Sounbuds Sport, and they do what they're supposed to, but they block the ear completely, and I feel like I'm running underwater.

I've just ordered Aftershokz. Hoping I like them!
  • amusedmonkey
    Yeah, it is personal preference. I don't like bone conduction headphones so Aftershokz would not be a good choice for me.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Just a small sample of the collection of junk I've acquired over the years. Every one has issues. So far the Trekz have been awesome. I think you'll like them.

t403mmo12r36.jpg
  • alondrakar
    alondrakar Posts: 67 Member
    I bought my husband the Jabra Elite Active 65t Alexa Enabled True Wireless Sports Earbuds off of Amazon and he absolutely loves them. Can't leave home without them. He thought people with Airpods on looked funny (and I agreed). Ha!
  • amusedmonkey
    alondrakar wrote: »
    I bought my husband the Jabra Elite Active 65t Alexa Enabled True Wireless Sports Earbuds off of Amazon and he absolutely loves them. Can't leave home without them. He thought people with Airpods on looked funny (and I agreed). Ha!

I thought I was weird for thinking that! I never mentioned it to anyone because it's silly, but something about plastic sticks coming out of someone's ears feels like a sci-fi B-movie.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    I have tried the Aftershokz but will probably be sending them back: not loud enough outdoors unless you wear the earplugs. Aaaaagh!