What pushes you to continue?

What is your reason for working out, dieting, ect???

Replies

• laceygaywilson
    laceygaywilson Posts: 330 Member
    I wanna be my best me for my two girls!!!!
  • keonwlsn
    keonwlsn Posts: 278 Member
    @laceygaywilson that’s sweet
  • PALMINADALESSANDRO
    PALMINADALESSANDRO Posts: 192 Member
    My friends...my kids...MY LIFE....
  • keonwlsn
    @sunsweet77 wow congrats that is really good.
  • keonwlsn
    @PALMINADALESSANDRO that’s the way to do it!!
  • keonwlsn
    @88olds 👍🏽👏👏👏
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Revenge Body
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Habit and a dose of OCD... I have long stretches where I really don't want to get to the gym and the last thing I want to do is move heavy assed weights around. However, I'm always happy/satisfied when I'm done. I also have my wife to consider. She basically goes when I go and when there are days where other obligations or illness prevent me from working out - she won't either. I motivate her and she motivates me. Having a workout partner really does help.
  • bionicpuffy
    bionicpuffy Posts: 93 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    I want to be able to be able to live unassisted until the day I die.

This is one big one for me, too. I know health and mobility can be a complex issue, but seeing my dad have so many medical issues- especially those exacerbated by lack of exercise and poor diet- is a big motivator. Do not want to go down the same path.
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    I want to be the best version of myself that I possibly can be.
  • NCK96
    NCK96 Posts: 146 Member
    Fitting into my clothes again, feeling and looking stronger, wanting to be more active and stay active as I age. Like sunsweet77 I was invisible when I was larger. It's amazing and a little sad to see how much better I'm treated when I'm not a short, overweight, middle-aged woman. (Still short and and middle-aged, just no longer invisible!)
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    To stick it to certain people in my life who told me I can't do it!
    I hate being told what I can and can't do.

Plus I want to be healthy for many years to come. My mum has recently developed a few conditions that are associated with being overweight. I am so scarily like her in many ways, and I want to do my best to avoid a few of these similarities.