Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What pushes you to continue?

What is your reason for working out, dieting, ect???

Replies

• laceygaywilson
    laceygaywilson Posts: 330 Member
    I wanna be my best me for my two girls!!!!
  • keonwlsn
    keonwlsn Posts: 278 Member
    @laceygaywilson that’s sweet
  • PALMINADALESSANDRO
    PALMINADALESSANDRO Posts: 192 Member
    My friends...my kids...MY LIFE....
  • keonwlsn
    @sunsweet77 wow congrats that is really good.
  • keonwlsn
    @PALMINADALESSANDRO that’s the way to do it!!
  • keonwlsn
    @88olds 👍🏽👏👏👏
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Revenge Body
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Habit and a dose of OCD... I have long stretches where I really don't want to get to the gym and the last thing I want to do is move heavy assed weights around. However, I'm always happy/satisfied when I'm done. I also have my wife to consider. She basically goes when I go and when there are days where other obligations or illness prevent me from working out - she won't either. I motivate her and she motivates me. Having a workout partner really does help.
  • bionicpuffy
    bionicpuffy Posts: 93 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    I want to be able to be able to live unassisted until the day I die.

This is one big one for me, too. I know health and mobility can be a complex issue, but seeing my dad have so many medical issues- especially those exacerbated by lack of exercise and poor diet- is a big motivator. Do not want to go down the same path.
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    I want to be the best version of myself that I possibly can be.
  • NCK96
    NCK96 Posts: 146 Member
    Fitting into my clothes again, feeling and looking stronger, wanting to be more active and stay active as I age. Like sunsweet77 I was invisible when I was larger. It's amazing and a little sad to see how much better I'm treated when I'm not a short, overweight, middle-aged woman. (Still short and and middle-aged, just no longer invisible!)
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    To stick it to certain people in my life who told me I can't do it!
    I hate being told what I can and can't do.

Plus I want to be healthy for many years to come. My mum has recently developed a few conditions that are associated with being overweight. I am so scarily like her in many ways, and I want to do my best to avoid a few of these similarities.