Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

bathing suit recommendations?

almostsuperpoweredalmostsuperpowered Posts: 147Member Member Posts: 147Member Member
I am in the market for a bathing suit, trying to talk myself down from spending $100 at modcloth or brio

what's your favourite go-to suit (for like occasional swimming, pool parties, camping, etc.)

this h&m thing seems like a maybe: https://www2.hm.com/en_ca/productpage.0636505001.html

(note: Canada-friendly recommendations preferred)

Replies

• samtarlyonadietsamtarlyonadiet Posts: 944Member Member Posts: 944Member Member
    I like leaving nothing to the imagination so I tend to choose very stringy, tight little numbers
  • MIltonBradley1MIltonBradley1 Posts: 641Member Member Posts: 641Member Member
    One that can serve as a bathing suit AND dental floss is probably the most practical.
  • go_cubsgo_cubs Posts: 1,183Member Member Posts: 1,183Member Member
    Swimsuits for all. Com
  • sammidelvecchiosammidelvecchio Posts: 516Member, Premium Member Posts: 516Member, Premium Member
    I love Fashion Nova and Forever 21 for swim suits <3
  • almostsuperpoweredalmostsuperpowered Posts: 147Member Member Posts: 147Member Member
    people troll on mfp?? guys. wth.

sammi: good tip, I wouldn't have thought to check there
  • meganpettigrew86meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349Member Member Posts: 349Member Member
    I like modlily
  • sammidelvecchiosammidelvecchio Posts: 516Member, Premium Member Posts: 516Member, Premium Member
    Ya! I went on a whim to forever 21 online and was surprised at how cute they were. and very affordable. I thought Fashion Nova would be way too trendy for me, but they also have a huge selection and very affordable!
  • k8eekinsk8eekins Posts: 2,072Member Member Posts: 2,072Member Member
    I am in the market for a bathing suit, trying to talk myself down from spending $100 at modcloth or brio

what's your favourite go-to suit (for like occasional swimming, pool parties, camping, etc.)

this h&m thing seems like a maybe: https://www2.hm.com/en_ca/productpage.0636505001.html

Lately, since I'd lost weight and being in the company of nephews, most of whom are ages 7 - 15, including a discerning God-child whose now 5, I'm preferring to wear full body, sun protection, so I can play ball or water-fight with them all throughout the day, without having to be too concerned about wardrobe malfunctions.
    edited May 17
  • GymGoddessGoalsGymGoddessGoals Posts: 314Member Member Posts: 314Member Member
    I bought one from H&M and it turned out really bad so I returned it. Bought another one from Lulus.com... Success. But if I want just a really simple and inexpensive suit; Target, TJ Maxx and Marshalls have been winners on occassion.
  • ilfaithilfaith Posts: 16,381Member Member Posts: 16,381Member Member
    My favorite swimsuits are from Athleta. They aren't cheap, but are generally under $100. They are flattering and cute, but you can actually swim in them (or play a little beach volleyball...or chase after the kids). I have a few suits I have owned for several years, and they have held up really well...certainly better than my cheaper suits from Target.
  • tinkerhellraisertinkerhellraiser Posts: 3,916Member Member Posts: 3,916Member Member
    https://www.target.com/p/women-s-shore-light-lift-ribbed-tie-front-cut-out-one-piece-swimsuit-shade-shore-153/-/A-53721768

i love this one from target and it has bra sizes so u can get a smaller sized suit but then still have it fit your *kittens* which is awesome
  • Vikka_VVikka_V Posts: 8,045Member Member Posts: 8,045Member Member
    Try Sport Chek, they have a lot of 'name brand' stuff that fits well and is sold as separates if you want a different top/bottom combo. Athletic company brands so I feel the quality/fit was waaaay better than the super cute stuff I ordered from Old Navy. Quite decent prices too, I felt. Got a cute set for ~$50.
  • CoffeeAndContourCoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,181Member Member Posts: 1,181Member Member
    Anthropologie has their suits on sale right now. Some were $50ish. Some of my favourite suits have come from Venus and they are always reasonably priced. Nordstrom is also worth checking out. And The Bay will be having their swimsuit sale any day now.
  • middlehaitchmiddlehaitch Posts: 8,015Member Member Posts: 8,015Member Member
    Try la vie en rose
    Not sure where I’m Canada you are but they are all over the west coast.

https://www.lavieenrose.com/en/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI09Orscik4gIVLx6tBh1sMAG_EAAYASAAEgLRfvD_BwE

Cheers, h.
  • ythannahythannah Posts: 2,739Member Member Posts: 2,739Member Member

I can't personally vouch for the bathing suits but Joe Fresh athletic wear is good quality so I'd imagine their swimwear is too, and decently priced.
  • PALMINADALESSANDROPALMINADALESSANDRO Posts: 192Member Member Posts: 192Member Member
    ...Classic...think Marilyn....whatever colour. <3
  • AngryViking1970AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,742Member Member Posts: 2,742Member Member
    I've always liked the Lands Ends swimsuits. They have a ton of choices.
    Another great find...just got 4 mix n match pieces from Aerie over the weekend, all on sale 40% off :) cute colors, lots of different styles!
  • alywei3773alywei3773 Posts: 852Member Member Posts: 852Member Member
    I am a die hard Target swimsuit fan.
  • InspectorRedInspectorRed Posts: 496Member Member Posts: 496Member Member
    I have to have extra support on top, so I do my swimsuit shopping on Amazon where I can find bra sizing and underwire suits. Regardless of my weight, since my first pregnancy, I have some big ta-tas! LOL