Best way to build muscle

Hello Guys,
Need your help. I'm hoping someone can offer advise on what is the best way to build muscles. I'm not sure if I should start weight lifting or try TRX. I'm a father of a 9 month and 3 year old so to get a good work out in at the convenience of my home is important. From what I've read weight lifting is the best. However I hear TRX works just as great.

Replies

• Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Lift weights
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,215 Member
    Resistance Training/Progressive overload while getting adequate protein on maintenance level calories or a slight surplus. I'm a fan of weight lifting and have always worked out at home. You can start with bodyweight or a set of dumbbells and add as you go along. I started with a set of Bowflex adjustable dumbbells and doorframe pullup bar to do P90x in 2012.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    steveko89 wrote: »
    Resistance Training/Progressive overload while getting adequate protein on maintenance level calories or a slight surplus. I'm a fan of weight lifting and have always worked out at home. You can start with bodyweight or a set of dumbbells and add as you go along. I started with a set of Bowflex adjustable dumbbells and doorframe pullup bar to do P90x in 2012.

Agree with this.

Weight training just so happens to allow for the greatest increase in volume. Below is a good list of programs to start with.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • iamtejan
    iamtejan Posts: 9 Member
    Thanks for the list of programs!