Not New, Still Struggle

csbonest
csbonest Posts: 4 Member
Hey there MFP. I am Craig, the not so typical middle aged guy struggling to keep those unwanted pounds off. I waffle, back and forth and some how end up back here. Married to my soul mate and otherwise blessed.

I am not a huge person, but I am 15 lbs heavier than I should be or want to be. So any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
  • jasonkdalessandro4
    jasonkdalessandro4 Posts: 19 Member
    csbonest wrote: »
    Hey there MFP. I am Craig, the not so typical middle aged guy struggling to keep those unwanted pounds off. I waffle, back and forth and some how end up back here. Married to my soul mate and otherwise blessed.

I am not a huge person, but I am 15 lbs heavier than I should be or want to be. So any help would be appreciated.

lots of lean protein and good fats - chicken, lean ground beef/turkey, and steak
    cut out carbs that aren't natural - breads, desserts, breadings, sugar sauces like BBQ, white sugar based products
    if you eat carbs make it natural carbs from fruit, veggies, beans/quinoa and whole grains

most of all portion control. Yes 1000 calories of fruit is better than 1000 calories of McDonalds but in the grand scheme of things its still 1000 calories. Don't think that because its a "healthy food" you can go ham eating as much as you want.

thats basically the 101 at least for what worked for me.