Would you help?

Options
13»

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Rocko820 wrote: »
    If someone bullied you at school, but years later you've moved on and are happy with your life. You are walking through your town and happen to see this person collapsed on the floor semi unconscious, suddenly realising this was the person who made your life hell at school. What do you do?

100% help them. No questions asked. Just becuase they were once what is wrong in the world doesnt mean you become whats wrong in the world.

*Swoon*
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    What goes around... yup, it's coming back around.

I'd walk right past them like this:

giphy.gif

Obviously I'd call for help. They could be having a heart attack or something. But a stubbed toe or their car battery died and I got some brand new jumper cables in my trunk, then refer to the above gif.
  • _Paparazzi_
    _Paparazzi_ Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Yes I would help .That is my normal instinct is to help someone if they are in need .
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    All said & done I have wished for the unfortunate accident to happen to the neighbour who has harassed me and been at my front door almost 10 times since I moved in. Would I help if I seen him writhing in agony after said accident. ? Hmmm I only wish that he would get the help he so sorely needs. And stop spreading his poison.

Id like to think I would help him. But I might giggle. Oh no. Giggle or help?

I was doing just fine with this until you brought the neighbour into it.

I was never bullied so maybe I'd feel differently if I had been, but childhood was a REALLY long time ago so I'd help the person. Over the years I've seen karma pay back the people who were known bullies in some pretty awful ways. There's a lot of water under that bridge.

My neighbour? If he fell in the street I'd probably break the door rushing to jump into my truck and drive over him 5 or 50 times.... >:)

See I'm not the only one who wouldn't help someone. I can name a few people i wouldn't help. My sister ex he scum. One of my cousin because of him being low life. Then there the guy who killed my 6 year old cousin. I wouldn't help them i would call 911 to get them help but i wouldn't administer CPR they just don't deserve a second chance. My cousin he choked on veg one night. So he gone. My sister ex is 71 hippie druggy
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I’m definitely not perfect at being kind, especially that I strive on sarcasm as my prime method of humour. Although in regards to sarcasm in my opinion, as in most things in life, it comes down to intent. Hence, I would personally help the person but make some snide remark afterwards utilizing sarcasm to get my point across.

With that being said, I believe that we should treat everyone with kindness. Not only because they are kindhearted, but because you choose to be. One of the greatest gifts we can give another is kindness. If someone is in need, lend a helping hand. Don't do it only for the people you like and respect because that's easy, but also for the ones that have hurt you. True kindness lies in the act of giving without the expectation of getting something in return.

What helps me is the reminder that everyone has a story. It may be something they've gone through in the past or something they're still dealing with, but remember that behavior doesn't happen for no reason. Everyone has inner battles and issues. Withhold judgment and instead offer the consideration you'd like to receive.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Some of the answers in here are really brightening my day :) Thanks y'all

I am surprised at how serious people are taking it, I was expecting much more satire and gifs

c9pVcie1YHic.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=10094262

tenor.gif

..... I'm here to serve.