Best and worst habits you've learned??

Options
2»

Replies

• jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    I prelog both calories and exercise in the morning. I sometimes have to adjust in the evening, but this helps me stay on track (like commitment to myself in the morning) and makes sure I don't arrive at dinner time with only 300 calories left for the day.

Eating simply so that I can get a healthy meal together with minimal time and energy.

Eliminating most processed food from my diet.

Worst habit is falling into a rut with eating the same foods over and over.
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Lol @carakirkey I am a classical musician so know what you mean about practising

Thank you so much for your comments!! I'm trying to swap out food for alcohol and slipped up today as I Just. Wasn't. Hungry. But progress not perfection, right? And .staying somewhere without all my exercise gear so I can't do that ATM which I find really frustrating.

Logging is an awesome habit, I'm so glad I do this now but I think I will also try avoid the kitchen too now, lol

Keep 'em coming! I LOVE knowing I'm not alone in this.

I'm just relearning piano. Played as a kid and lapsed as an adult. I heard that 10 minutes practice a day is enough to form a habit and learn piano. So I'm starting there!
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Best habits so far (still working on nailing all these)
    - logging all food
    - promising i would do 20-30 min of SOME activity every day. Whether it's just a simple brisk walk or a full workout video, I am trying to focus on improving my physicalhealth and energy levels instead of just looking for weight loss

Bad habits I'm trying to break
    - eating in front of the tv. Way too mindless
    - snacking ifI'm having a drink. I can down a whole bag of chips that way

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I'll beat a dead horse and say my best habit is weighing and logging my food. I've also developed a habit of adding my favorite vegetables or fruit to everything to bulk it up, and those foods just happen to have added nutrition as well.

Bad habit is I've developed a taste for frozen foods, as they're convenient little low-calorie boxes of joy. However, their salt content is not so joyful, lol, and they are expensive compared to prepping the food myself.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Good habits: regular exercise (especially lifting), tracking my trend weight, being prepared, making chicken in bulk, having convenient protein sources at all times, not trying to be too strict or eat super clean, being able to have coffee without a snack, going up and down the stairs many times per day, parking really far

Bad habits: Too much wine, not enough water. Not sleeping enough. Too many breaks/distractions between lifting sets. Limiting myself with my goals.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    1. Measuring and weighing my portions for each meal, and logging it! Amazing how the eye can trick you.

2. Found exercise routine that works for me. Made amazing difference to my ability to form exercise habit once I found a method I enjoy instead of feeling I had to do the norm/popular ways.

3. Set a daily exercise time - "As soon as I wake up I exercise". This way I don't have it in mind it is a certain time of day, just that it is first thing I do to energize my day

4. Weigh daily. This works for me, may not for you. I can see the numbers fluctuate without obsessing too much, and seeing daily fluctuations helps me maintain the logging habit. Otherwise I slip into "one little chocolate won't matter. Or this extra serving at dinner. or this snack" too easily!
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    - Meticulously and relentlessly weighing and logging ALL food and drink
    - prelog and preplan meals and whole days as much as possible
    - identify and eliminate obstacles; make the preferred path be a path of least (or lesser) resistance