Healthy Fulfilling Breakfast

Replies

• nocgirl72
    nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
    Turkey bacon, turkey sausage. Avocado on toast. Oatmeal. Quest Choc protein Smoothie. Kodiak protein pancakes. Kashi go lean cereal with almond Milk
  • KevinWH87
    KevinWH87 Posts: 74 Member
    Smoked salmon is a good breakfast choice. Perhaps on some avocado toast 🤤
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    I buy Ocean's snack kits with Rice crackers. The rice cracker still has some carb but the tuna is lovely for protein and the whole thing is 146 calories. The ones with Ritz crackers are alot higher.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    My go to is eggs (you don't like), pineapple (lots of carbs), and cottage cheese (you don't like). So I am no help. But I agree with the others. It sounds like you don't like any traditional breakfast foods, so don't have traditional breakfast. Just have whatever you would normally eat at other meals.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    We've been programmed/trained/brain-washed into believing that breakfast=eggs, bacon and "traditional breakfast" stuff in the morning when we wake up. De-program your self/mind and take yourself out the self-imposed prison/box of "this (fill in the blank") equals breakfast and eat whatever you want to for "breakfast", meaning eat what you normally would for "lunch or dinner" and what you like instead. I'm telling you, this will free you in ways that will make you GLAD. I see the post Mike PTY just wrote above--do this and your entire life/lifestyle will change for your betterment...I promise!
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    What about curried lentils, tarka dhal?
    Kippers?

When you say you dont like cottage cheese, are you talking about the abomination that is 'fat free' or 'low fat' cottage cheese or are you talking about the 5% fat (full fat) cottage cheese? They taste nothing like each other.

I love Longley Farm, I can only buy it in Home Bargains which is bizarre to me. I used to be able to get it in asda but then they started only doing the fat free one.

Normal, full fat cottage cheese tastes like eating double cream, its delicious. I have it with plenty of salt on and some chilli flakes.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    nooboots wrote: »
    What about curried lentils, tarka dhal?
    Kippers?

When you say you dont like cottage cheese, are you talking about the abomination that is 'fat free' or 'low fat' cottage cheese or are you talking about the 5% fat (full fat) cottage cheese? They taste nothing like each other.

I love Longley Farm, I can only buy it in Home Bargains which is bizarre to me. I used to be able to get it in asda but then they started only doing the fat free one.

Normal, full fat cottage cheese tastes like eating double cream, its delicious. I have it with plenty of salt on and some chilli flakes.

Love love love Longley Farm cottage cheese! I can only get the full fat one in my local health food store and I have had to find out which days they get deliveries so I can get it before it goes!
  • nooboots
    Its the only cottage cheese I can eat. Almost every single other supermarket (I dont know if you are in the UK) only does fat free or low fat version, except for Aldi I think it is who do a nice cottage cheese but dont stock it continuously.

Longley farm is so hard to find. I'll be standing outside the shop with a placard if they stop selling it at Home Bargains (its not even a food shop so it baffles me why they sell it but I dont care)
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    I workout first thing in the morning so I usually just grab a few dates and a banana before I go.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Its the only cottage cheese I can eat. Almost every single other supermarket (I dont know if you are in the UK) only does fat free or low fat version, except for Aldi I think it is who do a nice cottage cheese but dont stock it continuously.

Longley farm is so hard to find. I'll be standing outside the shop with a placard if they stop selling it at Home Bargains (its not even a food shop so it baffles me why they sell it but I dont care)

I know! Waitrose does a full fat one which is ok but not a patch on longley farm. Amazon sell the full fat natural flavour though. I’m in love with the chive one but if you want plain try amazon. In desperation I also looked up the website and they do click and collect if you’re anywhere near the farm itself (I’m not!).

It is one of a small group of foods that I absolutely rely on as weight maintenance staples. Get actual anxiety when I’m running low! 😂
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Avocado toast on either low carb bread or sweet potato (slice thinly and toast like bread). Spread mashed avocado on top with desired toppings (crumbled bacon, everything but the bagel seasoning, cherry tomatoes?).
  • nooboots
    Faebert wrote: »

I know! Waitrose does a full fat one which is ok but not a patch on longley farm. Amazon sell the full fat natural flavour though. I’m in love with the chive one but if you want plain try amazon. In desperation I also looked up the website and they do click and collect if you’re anywhere near the farm itself (I’m not!).

It is one of a small group of foods that I absolutely rely on as weight maintenance staples. Get actual anxiety when I’m running low! 😂

Yep, my breakfast most mornings is a full pot 250 of the full fat cottage cheese on 4 ryvita.

I didnt know waitrose do a full fat one, I might have a look.

Im not near Longley Farm unfortunately
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    can you not eat eggs because of an allergy? a texture thing? prep time?
  • ginjennie
    ginjennie Posts: 80 Member
    I usually have fruit, fish, avocado or even salad. Generally I walk or run first thing so breakfast is later for me.
  • Ruby_Larkspur77
    Ruby_Larkspur77 Posts: 5 Member
    can you not eat eggs because of an allergy? a texture thing? prep time?

The doctors call it an intolerance. I can eat eggs in other products(like potato salad, cake) -no problem. But I can't eat eggs scrambled, boiled, fried eggs. I throw up almost immediately after eating them. It's weird.
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    My preference is porridge, so that probably won't work for you.

Avocado, mozarrella, tomatoes, olives, variety of sliced meats.
    I have seen recipes for a sweeter version of a quinoa salad, keep meaning to try it.
    Just quinoa mixed with a variety of fruit, some seeds, looks good and of course easy to prep ahead.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Eggs, high protein waffles, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal. You don’t have to eat traditional breakfast food for your first meal of the day.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    A pretty tall order. Low carb, no eggs or yogurt.

Try sardines on toast.
    https://www.google.ca/amp/amp.myrecipes.com/extracrispy/have-sardines-for-breakfast-with-this-italian-toast

Or try a Japanese breakfast with Miso soup.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/traditional-japanese-breakfast-2030063

You may prepare all the side dishes the night before so you just put it together in the morning.
  • ginjennie
    ginjennie Posts: 80 Member
    Love sardines on toast
  • sarasmiles124
    sarasmiles124 Posts: 138 Member
    I have made a sweet potato, bacon and onion hash for breakfast at times.