Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

How Do You Keep Your Maintenance Mojo?

roma49roma49 Posts: 173Member Member Posts: 173Member Member
I've been AWOL from MFP for a while ~ this maintenance lifestyle is harder than I thought, I was beginning to slip into old emotional eating habits (PUDDINGS are not the answer) I even fell down the rabbit hole of believing that I deserve extra treats as I'd done all the hard work of loosing weight. Heck I will not go backwards so I'm back to logging and getting my act together to get back into the right mindset.
How do you keep your maintenance mojo?

Replies

• TolstolobikTolstolobik Posts: 66Member Member Posts: 66Member Member
    jan110144 wrote: »
    I hear you!

1. I have to eat close to maintenance. Eating too little, leaves me vulnerable to a binge.
    3. I target my TDEE number daily and no longer try to adjust for exercise. So far this is working well and has made the daily tracking a bit less complex.

This^.

• snuff15eesnuff15ee Posts: 36Member, Premium Member Posts: 36Member, Premium Member
    I meal prep breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks for the entire week every Sunday afternoon (it takes me about 3-4 hours depending on what I prepare). I plan to eat at my TDEE on training days M-F, and I knock off about 200 calories on my non-training days. I used data from my initial 30 pound weight loss to calculate my actual TDEE. Planning out a week's worth of meals and plugging them into MFP ahead of time and I changed the way I think about food. I try to view it only as fuel for my workouts. This may sound ridiculous, but I'm a car guy so I think of it as putting low octane fuel in a performance engine; I'm not going to do it.
  • LivingtheLeanDreamLivingtheLeanDream Posts: 11,589Member Member Posts: 11,589Member Member
    It takes working at staying within my +/-5lbs goal range just the same as it did when I was wanting to lose.
    I use a daily trending weight app (Libra for Android/ Happy Scale for iphone). For me its all about staying within that range which keeps me motivated.
    I'm 6 years in maintenance which I am proud of. I aint going back to being the curvy sister/friend!