ETA- shoulda read the thread before I posted lol
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Grunt
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    It used to make me extremely irritated when youngish women (for example, store clerks under forty) would call me "hon". I just about lost my mind the first time it happened in a Starbucks.
    I thought it was very condescending and rude.
    But then I spent some time further South and realized it's a lot more common than I thought to call women "hon" so whatever...I'm still not crazy about it.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    It used to make me extremely irritated when youngish women (for example, store clerks under forty) would call me "hon". I just about lost my mind the first time it happened in a Starbucks.
    But then I spent some time further South and realized it's a lot more common than I thought to call women "hon" so whatever...I'm still not crazy about it.
    I feel like this when strange men call me sweetheart. It is extremely patronizing and condescending.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    I feel like this when strange men call me sweetheart. It is extremely patronizing and condescending.

really??? it makes me feel like they’ve taken on persona of old timey hardened detective i have to fight playing part of their wide-eyed rookie junior partner

You have such a fun way of looking at things. Saying them too.

For me, it feels like the mobster wannabes i grew up with trying to put me in my place. Yet another instance of my baggage making an appearance.
  • Leeanre
    Leeanre Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Moist
  • katiesmom_99
    katiesmom_99 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    "You-uns."

"Warsh" instead of wash.
  • JeBeBu
    JeBeBu Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    "You-uns."

"Warsh" instead of wash.

My husband does this! He warshes the car and eats squarsh for dinner, yet if you ask about President George he say Washington! So, if you can say it right, why don't you??
    He also says Law-yurr...🙅‍♀️
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    JeBeBu wrote: »
    "You-uns."

"Warsh" instead of wash.

My husband does this! He warshes the car and eats squarsh for dinner, yet if you ask about President George he say Washington! So, if you can say it right, why don't you??
    He also says Law-yurr...🙅‍♀️

Oh man! Most older people near me say warsh instead of wash, but can properly pronounce George Washington. I don't get it and it's always driven me nuts.

However...I'm Midwestern and fully admit to saying "Law-yur", at least I think I do?! Yikes. I've heard some people say it more like "Loy-er" is that how you prefer it?
  • gabbys6624
    gabbys6624 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Moist
  • TulieRose21
    TulieRose21 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I hate, hate, hate the word MOIST.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I hate, hate, hate the word MOIST.

Squishy and moist

I think sloppy is worse 😁
  • JeBeBu
    JeBeBu Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Ok...I dislike moist and discharge...but, this is from a nurse's point of view
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    I promise
  • gabbys6624
    gabbys6624 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    gabbys6624 wrote: »
    Moist

Whats wrong with it?
    It just makes me cringe

• _impressive_