I need opinions on my ideal size (Judge Away!!)

nwgereen
nwgereen Posts: 5 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Okay sorry to bug anybody but i have been scouring the web to try to find info on my ideal measurements. Im 5'9 at 165 right now starting my new healthy lifestyle ( nothing crazy just eating healthier and less time in front of the good ole television). I need your honest brutal opinion. Ive been trying to relate other people blogs to my body type but frankly i need help that directly about my own body. Im a size 8 right now and aiming for a comfortable six (wrangler standards). my measurements are currently 36-29-41 and im trying to downsize this big booty of mine :-) i like my curves but i would like to see a little less of them lol
So judge away! i can take it! I just need somebodys opinion who sees my body shot besides me :-)

Please reference my profile pic :-)

Replies

• You look good to me!!!
  • personally I would die to have your shape etc
    Keep it!
    if you just want to get more fit then by all means but honestly you look fantastic the way you are
    and keep the booty!
  • nwgereen
    thank you! that means a lot! honestly i feel like with me being as tall as i am i should be less curvy.
  • Teele86
    Teele86 Posts: 23 Member
    you have a similar shape to me but im 5'6 and 130. Try aiming for muscle definition and fitness and youll be surprised at where you'll strengthen and tone. Then its not so much about getting smaller but being healthier. Good luck finding the new you although the old one is looking good too!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
  • nwgereen
    I just bought the 30 day shred video!!! Did you like it?
  • sjberrier
    sjberrier Posts: 39 Member
    Tall and curvy.... girl that's awesome! You should be extremely happy. :)
  • RachaelPeachyKeen
    RachaelPeachyKeen Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 5'8" and just hit 143 lbs, and my measurements are almost exactly the same as yours: 37-29-40!! Sometimes that big booty doesn't go away, no matter how much weight you lose! You can tone it, though! Good luck!
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    You look good to me. You certainly aren't overweight.

At the end of the day everyone has a different body shape which they can't really do a lot about but keep it healthy. You seem to be doing that already so just keep doing what you are doing and embrace your body type!
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Ideal weight: what you are now. Ideal body fat percentage: 20-24%.
    Lift heavy
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    U look strong and in shape. A lil more cardio each day will take off a layer of body fat and ur muscle tone will show up better. That is just my opinion of how u may improve, but know that u already look beautiful and healthy? Can u now judge my pic honestly?
  • leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Ignore the scale please!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Ok I'm about to judge and this is me being brutally honest, from what I can see anyway. Your ideal size in my opinion is your current size, you look great and healthy.
  • mandypie92
    mandypie92 Posts: 14 Member
    We are literally the same person (size wise that is). I'm 5'9" and at my lowest I was 140 (still curvy)-- I think I got back up to 150 but haven't weighed myself in a while. My measurements from my smallest size were 34-25-39 I think-- the *kitten* doesn't go away ;) Right now I'm working to get back to my 140-- I was way more comfortable in my body and about a size 4!

Let me know if this helps!

Amanda
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    You can lose another 20-25 lbs. Do total bodyworkouts 4-5 times weekly, and additional workouts 3 time a week that would concentrate on glutes/inner thighs. Try fitnessblender.com, blogilates.com find other videos in the Befit channel on youtube (try the butt bible is also on youtube) Clean your eating, but eat well, not 1200 level so you can keep energy.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    You can lose another 20-25 lbs. Do total bodyworkouts 4-5 times weekly, and additional workouts 3 time a week that would concentrate on glutes/inner thighs. Try fitnessblender.com, blogilates.com find other videos in the Befit channel on youtube (try the butt bible is also on youtube) Clean your eating, but eat well, not 1200 level so you can keep energy.

Where are you getting 20-25 from?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    I am reminded of what the philosopher sir mix a lot said ...'you can do sit-ups and pushups, but please don't lose that but!" Ha! Seriously, nothing wrong with curves. IMO you would benefit from a program of compound lifts with some cardio thrown in, but I think that everyone would benefit from that..
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member

Where are you getting 20-25 from?

She is on the highest range of the normal BMI. If she loses 20 lbs she is going to be exactly in the middle of the normal range, and yes she can definitely lose in the thighs and mid section area, and tone all over.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    We're pretty much the same size, only I'm shorter- 5'6. My boobs are a little bigger and hips an inch smaller!

I think you look great, and people probably say that about me too. I could do with losing another 10lbs or so. If you're anything like me, you should focus on more strength training, which I know is what I need to do, but somehow keep going back to my cardio based classes!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    We are literally the same person (size wise that is). I'm 5'9" and at my lowest I was 140 (still curvy)-- I think I got back up to 150 but haven't weighed myself in a while. My measurements from my smallest size were 34-25-39 I think-- the *kitten* doesn't go away ;) Right now I'm working to get back to my 140-- I was way more comfortable in my body and about a size 4!

Let me know if this helps!

Amanda

what , what , what...?? 20 pounds???

weak third post = epic fail
This discussion has been closed.